KSL: Utah Corrects its Mistake and Will Play byu

Viewing 4 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

utah byu
      “Corrects its mistake”??!??!! Who corrected the mistake of the byu player sucker punching Brandon Taylor in the face then dropping FBombs on our coach? Completely unbiased article by KSLOL. The mistake is putting them back on the schedule

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

What a joke.

Something tells me that the Trib vs. the DNews/KSL is going to escalate.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Meanwhile…….

http://www.sltrib.com/news/3956084-155/state-investigating-how-byu-police-access?page=1

SlTrib GRAMA requests the records of BYU police officers access and dissemination to the Honor code office. The next day DPS is requested to investigate the access to records. Honor code office stinks.

The Tribune in April asked BYU police for comment on the Nov. 20 campus-police inquiry into Barney’s file. Lt. Arnold Lemmon at that time said BYU police looked at the file because Provo investigators initially accused them of reporting Barney for discipline under the Honor Code.

“It had come to our attention, so our officer looked at the case file, which, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that,” Lemmon said. “The bottom line is, the Provo City officer made some assumptions.”

However, BYU’s reports and Provo police records show that Provo police first contacted BYU about the issue on Dec. 3 — almost two weeks after the log showed BYU police viewed Barney’s file.

Barney said herself she didn’t know BYU was investigating her until Nov. 25, and she first alerted Provo police to possible witness retaliation after that, triggering Provo’s investigation.

Lemmon said BYU police officers are allowed to access cases in other jurisdictions.

“Many times it may not be our case directly,” Lemmon said. “If we learn … we have a student who’s a victim in the community, we’ll often look at another agency’s case file. … There’s a myriad of reasons agencies look at each others’ reports.”

In the email asking Rhoades to look up information, the Honor Code counselor does not appear to portray Barney as a crime victim. Instead, she begins, “Hi Aaron, I just took a report alleging that one of our students (Madison Barney) has falsely accused a community member … of rape.”

Barney said she finds it “ridiculous” that BYU police accessed the file. But she said she is even more distressed that police didn’t wave the Honor Code Office off her case after reading her detailed report.

“The fact that they could read through that and just not care makes me want to throw up,” Barney said. “That they would read about the violence, the screaming, the crying — I don’t see how any human being could read through that and have anything but compassion.”

Neither Rhoades nor Lemmon returned messages left Wednesday by The Tribune.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

The thing that bugs me the most is the arrogance of the title.

Jen
      Ute Fan
      @sojoute76

Did you guys see who wrote the article? It’s the official pot  stirrer of salt lake… Otherwise known as PK.

He gives tds some jabs too. He’s just trying to ruffle our feathers by stating it that way.

I kinda liked the comments about TDS 🙂

Anonymous
        Inactive

I am glad Tony didn’t give traffic to that trash PK and included just a screenshot.

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

You figured it out…

I am glad Tony didn’t give traffic to that trash PK and included just a screenshot.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Pointing out what you can and can not post also belongs on the other site. The subject matter is about KSL and their ridiculous reporting. I have included another story in regards to the hypocrisy of BYU.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) KSL: Utah Corrects its Mistake and Will Play byu