Kuithe says that he is 50/50 rather he goes or not

Viewing 4 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

He said he will make the decision on what is best for him.  That is completely fair.  I wish him well regardless.  He did say that if everyone stays who can stay – the Utes could be an undefeated team next year.

All of this being said, how are his and others’ decisions holding Whitt hostage as far as the portal recruiting goes?  As Bartle said yesterday, our biggest issue next season is likely the tight ends’ room if Kuithe and Yassmin leave.  Kendall and Kincaid cannot stay.  Bartle said that Utah has only got one Tight End coming in next year.  Gaining one and losing four would be a challenge.  We may get one more TE recruit but he is a mission kid.  So, we will need some help from the portal if Kuithe and Yassmin leave.

QB could also be an issue.  I like Johnson as our starter if Cam leaves but he has very little experience.  

I support whatever these guys all decide.  I just hope they decide soon!

KoolWhitt
      Ute Fan
      @koolwhitt

Totally agree that it is a bit nerve wracking to wait, but Vele recently said that he will announce whether or not he is staying before our bowl game, and I have to think that Kuithe and Cam won’t be too much later. But I also don’t know the timeframes for everything that goes into that decision, specifically NFL evaluation stuff.

As for the portal, there will be guys from each of the twelve NY6 bowl teams that don’t enter until after bowl games are played, so there will be a second wave of talent available there in January.

Here’s hoping Cam, Vele, and Kuithe stay, but if they don’t, there will be time to bolster the roster.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

The only thing we can do is trust in Whitt and hope for the best. I can see Kuithe wanting to leave for the NFL now. He’s already 23 and has been at Utah since the 2018 season. That being said, he’s nowhere close to being recovered from his knee injury and it’s hard to see if he even gets drafted. The recovery period for an ACL tear generally takes about 9-12 months (or more) before athletes can return to their sports. Every person is different. I tore my ACL playing soccer in college and it took me about a year before I thought I was fully physically recovered.

W16Ute
      Ute Fan
      @w16ute

I’d like to see Munir McClain develop more. He didn’t see the field much and it wasn’t beautiful when he did but i think there is a lot of potential there and more consistent playing time might be the solution.

URow
      Ute Fan
      @urow

TE will be thin, but I think McClain could fill in nicely. Also, Sidney Mbanasor should look into switching to TE. 

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Kuithe says that he is 50/50 rather he goes or not