Kuzma

Viewing 4 reply threads

LetItRide
      Ute Fan
      @letitride

since inserting him into starting lineup he’s averaging

30PPG, 9 Reb, 69%fg, 64% from 3. 

Against warriors twice and rockets. 

First player to score 38,7 and 4 as a rook since Magic. He threw in 7 threes to boot. 

First player as a rook to score 25+PPG in three straight games since Jerry West 

Geezus where was this kid during Utes play? He had flashes and was solid but these stats are sickening. Our college system held him back? Nba more free flowing? 

Impressive. 

TheOCUte
      Ute Fan
      @theocute

He got better every year he was in the program, credit to him and the coaching staff for that..but, this massive jump in play is crazy.

With that said, there is something not fully functioning with the basketball program…I fear the next two months are going to be ugly (5-6 conference wins at best)…this thing is going backwards again…

glad this is primarily a football only board, because the meltdown would be epic if hoops were still the primary focus at the U.

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

I am a big fan of Kuz and am happy he is playing so well. His game really translates well in the NBA, where it didn’t really work as well in college. He has a good PG around him and can let other players do the banging in the key, while he slashes through for layups or kicks back out for threes. 

Last year we just didn’t quite have the big guns around him to allow has k the kind of flexibility he has now. College defenses are tougher to slash against than NBA because of the rules that force NBA players to stretch out and play Man. If NBA played defense like NCAA then scoring would go way down and people wouldn’t watch, and players would get injured more often due to bodies banging.

I don’t really like the Lakers, but I love Magic and am very happy that be saw a future star in Kuzma. After all, they are both just kids from Flint, MI at heart.

RedRocks
      Ute Fan
      @hypodactylus

I have been surprised by his jump in offensive performance.  It is unusual for NBA rookies to see a jump in offensive production from their college careers to their first couple of years in the NBA, let alone such a large jump.

I know it is popular among college basketball fans to say that college defenses are better than NBA defenses, but this is simply not the case: the defenses are, however, different.  This makes Kuzma’s rise in productivity all the more impressive.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Three point fg % should have translated. Not so sure about the rest. 

vcsg01
      Ute Fan
      @vcsg01

So happy to see him doing so well in the NBA. He worked really hard while he was here and got better every year. I wouldn’t have been surprised to see him have a really good here if he had stayed for his senior season.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.