Kuzma still looking great. Looking like a legit stretch 4 shooter

Viewing 4 reply threads

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

Try not to be too critical of unpaid amateur athletes trying their hardest, but if kuzma had shot well last year it would have opened up our entire offense to a new level…sure that was frustrating for him. Sure he knew that 

Coreyc04
      Ute Fan
      @greenstormute

The best part for Kuzma is he’s under little pressure to perform great. Lonzo has all eyes watching him and I’m sure Kuzma is happy about that. He’s quietly been the Lakers best player

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

Anonymous
      Ute Fan
      @anonymous

Kuz sure is doing himself a big favor and making Lakers’ mgmt looking good. And, playing with a pass-first, creative, play-maker just makes the team that much better. The Utah team from two years ago was somewhat like that. Last year’s Utah team, not so much; plus, as Kuz was the center-of-attention, his ability to create for himself was limited, especially given college’s game.

I thought last year’s Utah team had p**s-poor passing skill, collectively. Just low BB IQ.

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

Good point. A lot of kuz skillset was underutilized on an iso heavy team. 2014 team had to pass because nobody could beat their man 1v1. So Larry went and got 1v1 players. Need a mix of guys who can get past their man/draw help defense and pass going forward. Easier said that done at this level.

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

The video below, doesn’t give me much reservation about what Kuzma did last year as the NBA doesn’t play much defense, there was no zone defense, which forces the defense to spread out from the key. The one thing which sticks out to me, is Kuzma isn’t afraid to let if fly and seems loose in hitting from the NBA 3-pt line. That couldn’t have happened overnight. Which makes me wonder if he wasn’t given the green light, couldn’t trust his teammates to rebound, or if Coach K just was trying to use him in a different way so he wasn’t open for 3 as much.

He definitely looks like a much improved player and his game seems to do well in the summer league. Let’s see what happens in the regular season. And for Ball to get 9 rebounds, as much as I hate his dad, that’s decent.

FtheY
        Ute Fan
        @fthey

Maybe his 3 game is just a function of low expectations? Not much a 3pt guy in college for whatever reason, and now he’s letting it fly and having fun, because it’s a new challenge and no one expects it. No pressure. 

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Kuzma still looking great. Looking like a legit stretch 4 shooter