KW’s presser

Viewing 3 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

BYU wore us down, and our rushing D was not good in the 2nd half

We have 6 offensive linemen that we like

Bam will continue to play if he continues to do what he should in practice

It’s a learning process with Tavion.  He has a big upside.  Fumbling is a problem.

There is not enough carries to go around to all 4 RBs

On offense, our biggest issue was mental mistakes, and on defense we didn’t play tough enough.  Our defenders got pushed around.

We only had ten offensive possessions, and two of those were turnover possessions.

On the 4th and 2 play – the problem was a missed assignment.

There was a lot of stuff that we didn’t get fixed from game 1 to game 2

Brewer could have played better, but we didn’t do a lot to help him out.

Very proud of Bernard.  He has matured and developed a toughness.  Bernard has stayed the course when others quit too soon.

Team leaders need to step it up this week.

No sacks or turnovers really bothered Whitt.  However, he didn’t say what they needed to do to fix it.

SDSU handled Arizona with no problem.  Their Oline is very physical.  Number 22 is a great running back.

tanute3
      Ute Fan
      @tanute3

Echo the sentiment toward Bernard. He’s shown he should be RB1

Yergensen
      Ute Fan
      @yergensen

Bartle tweeted a depth chart today.  I assume it’s current.  Bernard not RB1.  RB still listed as 4 co-starters.

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

Wish he was asked about why we haven’t even attempted a deep ball pass yet, except for that one before half against weber. That has me pretty concerned. Do we not have the horses (WRs)? Is Brewer’s arm just not big enough? Are we not calling them?

Larry B
        Ute Fan
        @larryb

Also fly sweeps. Remember when we had a package for Kuithe where we would use him on a fly sweep? Where has that gone? Covey and Dixon can be used the same way. I don’t feel like we even tried to test the edges against BYU.

MDUte
          Ute Fan
          @mdute

Whitt talked about our D-Line wearing down in the 2nd half and getting pushed around for the first time in maybe forever. All I heard during Fall camp was that our D-Line is the deepest, nastiest, and most talented it’s ever been right now.

So here’s my question…if this is the case, shouldn’t we have been rotating fresh DTs in and out during the 3rd and 4th quarters? I would think Lewis Powell would’ve had his eye on the group at all times and would notice if adjustments needed to be made along the way in terms of substitutions…no??

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football KW’s presser