Kyle Whittingham is the GREATEST football coach in University of Utah history.

Viewing 2 reply threads

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

Ron Mcbride is the most BELOVED football coach in University of Utah history. He restored Utah football to a consistent winner and he was just so likeable. To many, he was like a father or an uncle or grandfather. And it seemed quite clear that Utah is the place he wanted to be.

Urban Meyer is the BEST football coach in University of Utah history. He was an unbelievable success right from the start, but he was here for such a short period of time. How much further could he have taken Utah football if he had decided to put down roots in SLC?

Kyle Whittingham, though, is the GREATEST football coach in University of Utah history. He’s not quite the loveable uncle type that Mcbride is, but there’s some similarities. His tenure has lasted longer than Mcbride’s even with programs like Tennessee and Washington and his alma mater trying to lure him away. And while he’s had some down years, he’s also taken us to those same highs that Urban did. If not for his offensive shortcomings, I would say Whittingham is the best, but given his personality, his loyalty to the University of Utah, and his sustained overall success – he is the greatest we’ve ever had.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I agree with this analysis.

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

Build the damn statue.

Wilson’s Mustache
        Ute Fan
        @sigmaute

I say he has to retire with the most wins all-time to get the statue.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

How far away is he?  If it is fifteen I see providence…..

Wilson’s Mustache
            Ute Fan
            @sigmaute

According to wiki hes 37 wins short of Ike Armstrongs goal. Based on his win % he’d be able to surpass him in 5 years if he can average 7.5 wins per season.

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

I honestly see him at ten wins this year as a goal. Anything less kind of a letdown.

EDIT: Also letdowns can be defined in broad terms. Losing games by being out coached, injuries, or just bad luck etc.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

“Kyle Whittingham south end zone.”. Has a nice ring to it. 

The statue should just be of his calves as a constant reminder. 

Wilson’s Mustache
          Ute Fan
          @sigmaute

His Calves should be the support beams for the new SEZ

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

A proper statue for his calves would need the whole east stands to support them. 

Grayshirt
        Ute Fan
        @grayshirt

https://www.blocku.com/2015/8/7/9114945/utah-fans-raise-15k-in-three-days

Where’s Mark Sargent when you need him?  He’ll get it done with the SEZ expansion.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Kyle Whittingham is the GREATEST football coach in University of Utah history.