Kyle Whittingham's status will be up for debate if Utah Utes' slide continues…

Viewing 2 reply threads

tarheelute
      Ute Fan
      @tarheelute

From Brad Rock’s article, yesterday in the Deseret News.

Ron McBride brought Utah out of the dark ages in the 1980s, even teaching the Utes how to beat BYU. After a 5-6 season in 2002, though, his time expired. He was only one year removed from an 8-4 record, but then-A.D. Chris Hill expected more. So Utah hired Urban Meyer.

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/900034583/brad-rock-kyle-whittinghams-status-will-be-up-for-debate-if-utah-utes-slide-continues.html

I was not at all sure, or happy, about Meyer replacing McBride. And I not sure, or happy, about the idea of replacing Whittingham now, but is this the next dark age, requiring a change?

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

A 3 – 10 record for our last 13 conference games says a lot.

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

An 0-3 start in Pac12 play with as many returning starters as we have should absolutely be the beginning of the end for Whittingham.

A loss to Stanford on Saturday should be the first dominoe to fall.

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

Lucky for him Utah usually plays well against Stanford and Bryce Love is dinged up.

User Suspended
        @a2ute

CRYSTAL BALL:

Utah will lose a hard fought game to Stanford.  Both Offense and defense plays inspired but they “kwhitt” it away in the final minutes.

Kwhitt will point out the positives and how close they are in being a good team. But the reality is the South is all but lost after the Stanford game.  And all the players and coaches understand the season is over.

Utah comes out flat against AZ and gets taken to the woodshied.  THIS WILL BE THE BEGINNING OF THE END OF KWHITT

PlainsUte
          Ute Fan
          @plainsute

Magic 8 Ball response to this prognostication…

No

UtMtBiker
        Ute Fan
        @utmtbiker

IF we lost to both Stanford and AZ I’d be onboard. 

Rocco Baldelli
      Ute Fan
      @wildcat2237

Arizona fan here…

Of course as a fan of the cats I hope you are right. 

However, for many reasons I have my doubts: 

1. The Offensive line is young and not talented. 

2. Tate is hurt. 

3. The defense cannot stop the run (again)

4. The special teams stink.

It is clear after five games that Sumlin is not creative or innovative. Instead, he plans to recuit four star players from Texas then line those guys up and beat people nose to nose. It remains to be seen if he recuits well. 

At this point I see Arizona winning two more games the rest of the way. UCLA (dumpster fire) and one other surprise.

UtMtBiker
      Ute Fan
      @utmtbiker

Don’t forget that Tate has been straight trash his last 8 games except for an “inspirering” performance against SUU. Jeezus, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a string of QBR ratings that terrible.  I’m not a huge fan of QBR but good god…his ankle is the least of his problems.  

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Kyle Whittingham's status will be up for debate if Utah Utes' slide continues…