Last two games of 2019 vs 2018

Viewing 3 reply threads

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

So the question is which finish to the season hurt more?

I remember in 2018 watching Northwestern come back on us and feeling numb. Wondering what happened. And of course the hip interception in the championship game. Both of those hurt.

I don’t know about you but I think the last two games hurt more. In 2018 we had hope, we’d barely lost the CCG to a veteran Washington team, and we played pretty well in the first half of the bowl game. Overall about 6 quality quarters in the last 8.

2019, the last 8 quarters looked like a Pop Warner team playing against NFL teams. Due to the 8 game win streak, absolutely dominating teams and powering our way into the CCG I thought we were that good. Only to have it all come crashing down.

Maybe it’s me but I haven’t seen the special plays in the CCG or bowl game I’ve come to expect from KW. Anyone remember the first play of our bowl game when the transfer QB from Wyoming came out as a WR, received a backward pass and launched a pass downfield? These past two years I’ve felt like KW thought just being the Utes was enough. Sadly our opponents threw a ton of stuff at us, we hadn’t seen.

So I’d say the end of 2019 hurt more. But we are on an upward trend, just regressed these past two games.

utefansince79
      Ute Fan
      @utefansince79

We started strong against Northwestern (with backups at QB and RB) until some early 3rd quarter turnovers untracked us (including the crushing 80 yard scoop and score).  But Texas simply took us to the woodshed.

Have to say this year hurt worse.  Especially when so many seniors stuck around for this season.

I do think our future will be bright though.  Next year will be rebuilding since so many players are graduating and/or trying their mettle in the NFL.  But we will be back.

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

the Oregon 2019 loss was the most painful loss in Utah history. Going from the MWC to the PAC-12 I knew the highs would be much higher, but I didn’t consider that the lows could be so low. The Texas loss was bad, but I was still in PTSD from the conference championship and still midway through the stages of grief that it didn’t affect me as much 🙂

User Suspended
        @a2ute

Agree.  The Oregon game just leapfrogged the TCU game as the most painful in Utah History. I suspected Utah would have come out flat against TX – as a fan, I was flat heading into that game. Was not suprized TX took the Utes to the woodshed 

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

I really didn’t care about the bowl. The loss to Oregon was the ultimate.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Yeah, the bowl game was completely pointless, and the players all knew it.

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

Biggest trouble is we let Oregon beat us twice. 

(not to take anything away from Texas for their performance)

chinngiskhaan
          Ute Fan
          @chinngiskhaan

Meh… They may have let Oregon beat them twice, but the second loss was meaningless. The second they lost that game to Oregon the season was over. That last loss doesn’t make the season any more disappointing than it already was. Any fan that thought they would show up and play their best at the Alamo Bowl needs to see a shrink.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Last two games of 2019 vs 2018