Lazy cross-post from "the other site" because I'm not sure where the audience is

Viewing 3 reply threads

Daedalus
      Ute Fan
      @daedalus

Indulge me.

A friend offered me one of his tickets today. I did my best to suppress my “Enochlophobia” (fear of crowds) to attend this game.

This was my first time attending a Utes game, and the first time attending any live football game for almost 20 years.

I was a bit too late to soak up the tailgate atmosphere, though I did track down one person who invited me to come by. It’s great, I felt that the atmosphere was electrifying.

I was told to smuggle my whisky in my socks, but it was absurd how little they even glanced at my bag. I could have carried in a case of beer if I just covered it with a sweatshirt. The way the game went, I finished the flask before halftime. Probably the most sober I was during any game all year and that is just fine.

Up in the nosebleeds and on the other end of the field, it’s easier to watch the game on that great big honkin’ scoreboard. Seriously, that mofo is so large, you really have to be there to appreciate its magnitude.

Utes played a relatively clean game but Washington definitely looked like the better team offensively. Definitely some WTF coaching decisions. And the hail mary doesn’t work when it’s uncatchable.

When we’re trying to stymie the “enemy” by making the stadium rock at 113 dB, DON’T JUMP OFFSIDES!!!

Seriously. I’m deaf in both ears; one ear has a hearing aid and I turned it WAAAAAAYYYYY down. The other ear is deaf at well above 100 dB and I had to plug it with a finger because normally I never hear anything with it. It sort of hurts right now.

The rumble you feel under your feet when the stadium is rocking… that’s some good stuff.

Everyone seemed to be relatively happy and having a good time. I enjoyed it. Just kinda wanted the win too.

Also: what is it with people and staring at their cell phones instead of the field?

UtahSig
      Ute Fan
      @utahsig

If that was your first game to attend live, it was a pretty good one (other than the end). Sounds like you had a pretty good time.

Also, I think you can mention the name of Utefans.net over here. Nothing wrong with those guys, just a different site with a different vibe. We are all Utah fans and it is cool that there is enough diversity in the fan base and enough passion for the team that we can have a couple of fan sites that get pretty good traffic.

Now let’s beat ASU!

Daedalus
      Ute Fan
      @daedalus

The shade was mostly TIC and an apology for not (re)writing original content. You’re right, there are certain characteristics allowing each site to serve different purposes.

I have a sunburn and I’m not sure why because we were in the shade most of the game.

A sunburn for me is usually an indicator of a good time — except for gardening.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Also: what is it with people and staring at their cell phones instead of the field?

Chatting on Ute Hub…

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Lazy cross-post from "the other site" because I'm not sure where the audience is