Leach as UofU HC nonsense

Viewing 7 reply threads
      11 3

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

I’ve heard many Ute fans wishing longingly that Leach was our head coach since we lost to WSU yet again.

Just putting it out there that this change would be AT BEST a wash for the program. Yeah, his offenses put up a ton of yards, but the results his teams produce are, even in the most positive light, no better than Whitt’s results. 

Whit has a MUCH better bowl record (these are the games that I myself care the least about TBH, they are the cherry on top, nothing more, unless the bowl actually means something). While this doesn’t mean as much as some suggest, it is still a huge difference.

Whit’s best season in the Pac he finished at 17th in the country, and his win% was around 77. Leach’s best win% for an entire pac12 season has yet to crack the 70% barrier. Leach has NEVER… Yep, NOT ONCE finished a season ranked in the AP top 25. Let that sink in. Whit has accomplished that 3 times since joining the pac12.

Leach is remarkable at coaching up a great passing game… and he isn’t really great or even good at coaching anything else.

And lets not forget why Leach left TTU.

Leach might make our passing game better if he was the HC, but he would be awful in every other respect just like he has been everywhere he has gone. He and Whit have comparable overall records, and they both average similar levels of mediocrity.

Leach coaching this team would not bring this program to new heights. In fact, it would probably make things worse. If leach couldn’t recruit a champ in the state of Texas, he CAN NOT do it in Utah. It wouldn’t work, plain and simple.

I’m not against replacing Whitt, I think he is losing his drive to win. He will be gone in a few years one way or another… I’m just saying that Leach is not the answer.

Now, if Leach was our OC, that would be excellent. I would love to see a team where Whitt was the DC, and Leach was the OC… but that will never happen.

2 4

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Not a fan of Leach but I can see better arguments for him being the HC over Whitt. 

Is it more likely that Tuttle will not develop and if anything regress? Vs Leach turning Utah’s defense   over night into crap?  Who is most likely going to turn Tuttle into a Heisman contender?  Leach or Whitt?  

Under a hypothetical Scalley stays I don’t see the defense making giant steps backwards. Pease always gave me the impression that Whitt didn’t sit in on playcall meetings. 

I can see why people find that appealing. Utah has turned Wilson into what?  Williams?? Huntley?  

Edit:Face value with a lot of assumptions it sounds more appealing than Whitt. I have always said Utah will go through pains when he is retired or fired. I think most likely he retires this is his end “deal”.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Can’t speak for everyone, but I just want to see an offense at Utah. I want to see an end to squandering tough defenses. I want to see an offense that DOES NOT need both hands and a flashlight to find their collective ass. 

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

do you disagree that Leach as HC wouldn’t make this team better? Yes? What is your reasoning?

Anonymous
      Inactive

I’d take him as OC

Anonymous
      Inactive

I just think that all of the Utah coaches are fat and happy. They should all be scared s**tless about losing their jobs.

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Rather than Leach, himself, you could get a Leach protoge to come in as OC.  It’d be like getting Leach without the great press conference quotes, but I thought that was the idea behind Troy Taylor.

1 1

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Are you f**king serious? WAZZU has the FEWEST returning starters in the Pac12, lost their QB, back up QB, and star DT, NOBODY predicted WAZZU to be anything but a cellar dwellar this year. If Leach continues to win he’ll be the Pac12 COY. The job he’s done is amazing. Recruiting to PULLMAN f**king Washington, and beating Oregon 3 years in a row and 2-1 vs Stanford with the loss because of a missed FG attempt is damn impressive. I’ll take Leach over Whitt any day of the week.

EastCoastUte
      Ute Fan
      @eastcoastute

Leach as HC instead of whitt?? those Ute fans must be just sour AF from last weeks game.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Leach as UofU HC nonsense