Leaked video of Francis Bernard

Viewing 8 reply threads
      4 1

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

So there’s a video that surfaced of Francis Bernard talking to police. It sounds like he is being issued a disordly house ticket and trying to disuade the police from issuing the ticket.

Anyways, at one point he says “expletive the honor code, I’ll transfer to Virginia, I’ll transfer to the University of Utah”

It will be interesting to see how BYU handles this now that its out in the public arena.

I didn’t want to post the video because I don’t want blotter smack. You can find it on your own if you’re interested. Please refrain from degrading the kid. He didn’t do anything that a typical college kid wouldn’t be doing.  

2 2

RiseasUtes
      Ute Fan
      @riseasutes

Kids mess up and I have no problem with him.  Wish he would transfer but it looks like he will be staying.  

He does sound like an arrogant, self entitled little bitch, but he is at a school that won’t let you be yourself. Hopefully he can get his anger under control, but BYu isn’t the place for him.

9 1

89ute
        Ute Fan
        @89ute

Here it is

What I find interesting is how connected the police are to the program. I don’t think it makes Bernard look bad, it makes BYU look bad.

If the kid has the skills to help out team, I’d love to see him here.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

What do you mean connected? Seems pretty cut and dry….Cops came over gave him a warning.  VERY typical with most minor noise complaint stuff.  Shut up and do the right thing don’t make us come back. They come back and so they have to give him a ticket.  You can’t just say well I will warn you again…don’t make us come back again.  

3 2

ladyinred
            Ute Fan
            @ladyinred

Right but it sounded like they had been at his residence several times, and they also talked calling his coach to somehow get involved? Many ”normal” guys would’ve gotten arrested based on how he was talking and acting. It made it seem like there is an effort by Provo PD to keep this stuff on the down-low, or at least to “help” the players avoid trouble.

Wilson’s Mustache
              Ute Fan
              @sigmaute

I have to disagree, it didn’t seem like they were doing him any favors.

The odd thing is that they even brought up his coach and the honor code to begin with. That shouldn’t be their concern.

5 2

ladyinred
                Ute Fan
                @ladyinred

That’s what I mean – what’s up with bringing up the honor code and calling his coach about it? It seemed to me like the suggestion was his coach could do the discipline instead?

Sorry but I think if it were just some normal schmuck, they wouldn’t be giving him so much time to talk his way out of it, they’d just issue the ticket/citation or whatever and be on their way.

RiseasUtes
                Ute Fan
                @riseasutes

Wilson, they did him more than a few favors.  They didn’t arrest him when he threatened to kill the manager right in front of them.  They obviously gave him a warning earlier on both alcohol and noise.  Then they let him argue with them for several minutes without sitting him down in cuffs to calm down.  They obviously didn’t want him to get in much trouble and were trying to avoid getting the HC involved.  Those are the nicest Cops he could have wished to deal with.

5 1

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

I don’t want him to transfer. That way there will be less zoob talk.

RiseasUtes
          Ute Fan
          @riseasutes

CB just deleted several posts on Bernard and only kept one open.  Almost all of them are upset with the manager and not FB.  Makes me laugh that they are so hypocritical.  They also say it’s sad that people would talk about someone’s private issues online, yet Carrington doesnt count?

6 1

ladyinred
            Ute Fan
            @ladyinred

It disgusts me that people are upset with the leaker of the video. Typical type of victim blaming that we know happens down there already. They SHOULD be upset with BYU/the Honor Code office, whoever, that were so desperately trying to keep this matter under the rug. Meanwhile, tds fans are happy to repeatedly drag Carrington over the coals – he was arrested and charged as he should have been, all transparent and on the public record, so everyone knew what Utah was getting. This Bernard situation has been shrouded in secrecy.

Puget Ute
              Ute Fan
              @pugetute

With Carrington, after he completes the requirements the judge put on him he will have the DUI citation erased from his record.

7 1

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

As much as I disdain BYU, I more hate an entitled kid. He’s threatening to transfer to get off the hook from breaking the rules. He signed up for BYU, they’re paying for his schooling, room & board, food, facilities. He’s disrespecting the officers by threatening someone in front of them. What a TOOL!

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

Seems clear to me that Francis wanted to transfer to Utah. It’s reasonable to deduce his transfer request was blocked. Wonder why the media is so quiet on this…..hmmm

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I have said the Utes could use him but I say it is a hard pass.  Also typical college kid aside he seems like a real douche. 

6 1

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

He didn’t do anything that a typical college kid wouldn’t be doing.

“Typical college kids” don’t threaten to kill their neighbors in front of cops.

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

Wait, you’ve never done that?

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Does having your neighbor threaten to kill you in front of cops count?

oc_ute
      Ute Fan
      @ocute

oc_ute
        Ute Fan
        @ocute

also note the comment that they are all of age.  college kids drinking?  never

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

After seeing (hearing) this I don’t want Bernard to transfer to Utah.  Go join Bronco in Virginia.

Tired of the hypocrisy:  I wonder how many of the other 7+ people in the apartment were RMs and TDS football players.   They project that they are all mature RMs and choir boys but partying is happening ALL THE TIME.  First week of December they should be buckling-down and studying for finals.  

Bernard acts like a street thug to the apartment manager – who in typical Provostan police state fashion feels he must record everything.  One of the cops was talking about calling the coach to settle it (sounded like overruled by more senior guy) and you wonder how many times that is the way things are settled and swept under the rug.

As I mentioned before leaving for “personal reasons” include things like someone in the family back home is sick, birth of son or daughter, something like that, not discipline for honor code violations.   WHY LIE?

Stone
        Ute Fan
        @stone

The idea with the school/team keeping the reasons for leaving vague because when they say, “leaving because of honor code problems” it creates unnecessary attention and scrutiny of the individual. I agree with the stance that it is not the public’s business why they are being disciplined (unless it is already a public record, such as a police report). I think most schools (even without the honor code) take that same position, including the U.

UtMtBiker
      Ute Fan
      @utmtbiker

Yeah, I don’t think anyone here is going to degrade anybody who is saying “f*ck the honor code”. I’m continually baffled as to why anybody that isn’t a staunch church member would want to go to BYU.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Leaked video of Francis Bernard