Les Miles to Arizona?

Viewing 4 reply threads

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

Report says there is “mutual interest” between Les Miles and Arizona for the HC job. I really hope this doesn’t happen. Would make the South that much tougher of a division. Chip Kelly and Les? Woof.

https://www.azdesertswarm.com/football/2018/1/3/16846170/arizona-les-miles-mutual-interest-head-football-coach-salary-buyout-candidates-wildcats-rodriguez 

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Just another day in the south division paradise. 

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

Hey, we did want to play big boy football. I shouldn’t complain.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

I’m curious to see how Kelly does. In a lot of ways, he “BYU-ed” it. The PAC-12 was super down when he reigned and his offense was very unique. 

Now, everyone runs a version of his offense (even USC) and everyone is good. When Kelly was on top, USC, Washington, Stanford, WSU all sucked. And there was no Utah. 

Right now, if Darnold stays and Miles goes to Arizona, I’d rank the south:

1- USC

1a and b – Utah/Arizona

4 – UCLA

6 – Colorado and ASU

UCLA is severely lacking OL, QB, RB and a defense. 

Hellhound152
      Ute Fan
      @hellhound152

I hope this is true.  Miles was a below average coach who had teams with exceptional talent.  LSU won games in spite of his coaching.  I am trying to imagine this guy attempting to win with a squad of 2 and 3 stars that AZ pulls. 

Hell, he would show up to the first team meeting and ask the staff why the walk ons were the only ones who showed at the meeting. 

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Agreed Les Miles had a lot at LSU and in my estimation wasted it.  It was a good decision to fire him. 

2 1

cbmute
        Ute Fan
        @cbmute

Les Miles downfall at LSU wasn’t so much that he couldn’t coach.  It was that he couldn’t recruit or develop a QB.  Honestly he reminds me a lot of Kyle Whittingham. Both have had very good years. Typically their teams play very good defense but the QB usually is below average. 

FtheY
        Ute Fan
        @fthey

Even if he’s not another Saban or Urban, he’s still a better than average coach and good enough to get Arizona 6+ wins every year. Definitely good enough to be dangerous and not taken lightly. 

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Les Miles to Arizona?