Let’s see what happens when (yes, WHEN) USU turns back into the state’s bottom f

Viewing 10 reply threads
      3 11

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

Gary is inheriting a very talented team, led by a very good QB. Let’s wait a couple years until that talent leaves and USU is once again a 6-6 team every year. I hope Gary doesn’t even get a phone call when Whitt decides to leave.

I get it, it’s a better opportunity for Gary and Ena but it’s still a dick move to leave after one year and poach our staff. I have no doubt we’ll replace both coaches and be just fine, but still… Gary could have stuck around a few years and probably would be next in line for Whitt’s job.

2 6

EastCoastUte
      Ute Fan
      @eastcoastute

i completely agree, the fact that he grabbed enis was a dick move in my opinion.

Red Dawn
      Ute Fan
      @ranger15

Meh. Lets just wish Gary the best. They’re not our direct competitor. It’s not like Ena is spurning us in any way, just trying to better his own situation. There are enough experienced coaches on Utah’s staff to choose from when the time comes. (Or perhaps attract another Urban type candidate)

6 2

BulgieUte
      Ute Fan
      @bulgieute

I hope you never get a promotion or better job. You don’t deserve it.

2 6

Larry B
        Ute Fan
        @larryb

If I got hired somewhere, then left for a better job, then decided the grass wasn’t greener and my original job took me back and then I quit and stole something on my way out? Yeah I wouldn’t deserve a promotion after that.

sweetgrass
          Ute Fan
          @sweetgrass

Stole something? If Justin didn’t want to go he could have said No to Gary.

Next coach up.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Ena is a big big boy. I think he sees an opportunity for more money and a chance to prove himself. Good for him. 

GA isn’t someone I would hitch my career to but can’t really blame GA for “poaching”. 

BulgieUte
          Ute Fan
          @bulgieute

Stole something? What did he steal, are you saying coaches are university property? Idiotic.

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Honestly we are bigger than this now. If it was a big time coordinator I’d be p**sed. But Linebacker coach. Eh. I don’t think he’s a very good recruiter anyways.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

Enable us moving up in the world. It’s not poaching it’s how coaching works. What do you expect? All coaches should stay at Utah and not take a shot at promoting? That’s dumb.

User Suspended
      @a2ute

Wow.. so WACish

1 1

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Beahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha….

huh huh huh

bwahahahahahajahahahahahahahahahajajaha!!!

Nah, he will win 9+ every year there and they will build a statue of him when he retires. He will be USU’s LaVell. 

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Damn, they should call you Pettywise the Spiteful clown.

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

Not sure how it is now, but 8 plus years ago, every coach was basically on a one year status with Kyle. I know there were many years A-Rod didn’t know if he’d have a job the next year. Save the commentary on wishing he’d left earlier, he’s gone let it rest. Not that I’m an A-Rod sycophant, just knew his friend who would provide me updates. I haven’t lived around that guy for 8 years, and A-Rod’s gone.

I’m happy for Gary, he seems to have turned things around this past year, and will do well at USU. The negative impact of Gary recruiting head to head in state is minimal, however the cred of Utah coaches moving up and out is of greater importance.

So do I think it was a dick move for either one to leave? NO WAY, NO HOW!!!! Let go the coaches who aren’t cutting it and onward and upward for those who are ready for the next challenge. I mean are you complaining that we “settled” for Sione and whomever else we get? We’ve got quite a good stable of former NFL players and up and coming coaches who’d jump at the chance to polish their resume at Utah.

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

Salty thread! Actually I agree with this. This is the second time he’s left and taken people. I don’t expect him to succeed.

Whitt did him a favor after his flameout at Oregon State. I have no interest in him as HC at Utah. No good deed goes unpunished.

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Let’s see what happens when (yes, WHEN) USU turns back into the state’s bottom f