Let’s talk football

Viewing 2 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

The current spread for the Utah/UF games is Utah -2 and the O/U is 52.5.  That would be a score of about 27-25.  Vegas typically knows their stuff, but I think that the strength of both teams is their offense.  I hope Utah scores more than 27.  I think our offense should be potent with Rising, Kuithe, Kincaid, Thomas, et al. (The Oline will be the key.)

I think that UF will also have a good offense.  I hear good things about their QB and their new coach is all about the offense.  I think our defense will be good as they gain experience, but UF may be a bit of a challenge due to the lack of experience we have at some positions and not knowing anything about their offensive scheme.  Coach Scalley will have to be at his best and will need to make in-game changes as he sees what UF does offensively.

I suspect the score may be something like Utah 38 – UF 31.  In the end – I will take a one-point victory in Gainsville and be happy.

Go Utes!!!

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

My worry is that we don’t seem to start out seasons very well. It usually takes us 3-4 games to get in the flow. 

Ghost of the HEB
        Ute Fan
        @deseretgentlman

The OL always seems to be a mess first few games. Thankfully we are going into the season with established QB as opposed to 2020 and 2021.

PhiladelphiaUte
        Ute Fan
        @philadelphiaute

I’m not convinced that we start any slower than any other team making their season debut.  I’ve long been under the impression that it isn’t that we’re “starting slow”.  It’s that we’ve been “starting small” — as in opening our season(s) vs. some weak SOS FCS team — who subsequently gets pummelled, and Utah heads into their next game overconfident, and/or unaware of the sort of deficiencies that would have otherwise been exposed — had we have played a more challenging cupcake, like Wyo, Colo St, UNLV, or Haw — and worked on it the week leading up to our 2nd game.

I’ve long advocated discontinuing all further FCS opponents.  If it’s a “one-off” format that we’re looking for, we can still get that from other FBS teams.  The MAC, Sun Belt, and C-USA are loaded with teams that’ll take one from us.

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

Yeah there’s some of that as well. 

ayoriver
      Ute Fan
      @ayoriver

I would agree with your first comment, Tony, if we didn’t have a Bad Moon under center. He seems determined to avoid that this year, and to be fair, he did last year too, he just didn’t start out with the ball to begin the season like he will this season.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Let’s talk football