Let’s talk punters! 😂😂😂

Viewing 2 reply threads

Anfernee
      Ute Fan
      @anfernee

247Sports’ Dan Sorensen passes along that “Utah coaches are convinced they’ve got another future Ray Guy finalist on their hands” in freshman P Ben Lennon. Sorensen notes that while the 6-foot-2, 199-pound Lennon doesn’t yet have the Matrix-like ability to spot the ball wherever he would like ala former program punting stars Mitch Wishnowsky and Tom Hackett, he is already showing off a “big leg with the ability to get ample hang time.” 

You know it’s the offseason when get geeked out on kicker and punter talk.

4 4

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Do Ray Guy winners play on teams that punt a lot?  In my mind that is the case and personally I could pass on that award. 

3 4

Anfernee
        Ute Fan
        @anfernee

Yeah I’m ready to move on from special teams awards. Or at least sprinkle in some quarterback and skill position awards occasionally. 

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

I don’t even remember the punter in 2008 and 2004.  Just saying ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

RiseasUtes
            Ute Fan
            @riseasutes

Sakoda was the punter/kicker in 2008.  He was an all American so I’m a little surprised you don’t remember him.

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

Well there you go needed to be reminded.

Now I remember the punt return that went for a TD in the sugar Bowl. Coffee?  Sakoda was way too small to tackle him. 

Duhwayne
                Ute Fan
                @duhwayne

Javier Arenas, actually. That run was an amazing individual effort.

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

I went to memory statistic lane and I can’t believe he wasn’t a Ray Guy award winner that year. He was pretty much first in every category. He averaged 42.1 yards a punt. He had 50 total 50 yard punts. 

Also he was unanimous Kicker not punter. So must have been some better punters that year. 

Central Coast Ute
            Ute Fan
            @flip2848

I know you remember King Louie.

Anfernee
      Ute Fan
      @anfernee

But we do remember Sakoda. ❤

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Hail King Louis. 

Anfernee
          Ute Fan
          @anfernee

I still think his greatest accomplishment was when the student organization had a charity auction and he offered  himself as a date. He drew the highest bid on campus. 

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Let’s talk punters! 😂😂😂