Lincoln Riley Still Whining about Ref’s

Viewing 5 reply threads

BoiseUTE
      Ute Fan
      @slarson150

Lincoln Riley still whining about the ref’s and the roughing the passer call in the Utes game. Unbelievable move on dude it’s been over two weeks now. I really don’t see why all the hype about him being a “great coach” where at U$C they have all the money to buy players. He didn’t do all that much at Okalhoma that I recall, just a big name program is overrated.

https://247sports.com/college/usc/Article/USC-football-Sports-Illustrated-Lincoln-Riley-Pac-12-league-office-roughing-the-passer-bad-calls-Utah-Utes-196550666/

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

It’s funny how they can complain to the league offices. I agree they were bad calls. I agree that even the target calls in the Wazzu game were bad calls. EVERY F**KING TEAM BENEFITS FROM BAD CALLS OR NO CALLS. It literally is a part of the game. The pac12 it is even more that way.

The complaining and whining really is a part of their brand now and is exactly why they haven’t reclaimed their former glory. They cucked so hard for that whole Bush crap and now it is part of their brand. 

NarfUte
      Ute Fan
      @narfute

I’m sure he complained about this one too, right? 

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Kliavkoff and the remaining P10 schools need to seriously put the screws to USC and UCLA over their remaining time in the P12. Beyond all the PC rhetoric, USC and UCLA need to pay for their decision that has long term financial impact to the conference and certain teams, especially Utah. Kliavkoff needs to quit pretending this okay and run the P!2 business. In any other business setting this would not fly. So far, very unimpressed with Kliavkoff.

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

I’ve often observed that every team gets some calls/non-calls for and against them, but over time, they tend to balance out.  Bottom line, is despite refs, unlikely bounces of the ball, weather, untimely injuries, etc., when you’re on the losing end, congratulate your opponent for the victory and dwell upon your own shortcomings and mistakes rather than blame the outcome on factors beyond your control. 

HoosierUte
        Ute Fan
        @hoosierute

If most/all of these dont happen next year it is an absolute failure of loyalty to the remaining schools:

-Every team follows its bye week by playing either SC or LA. 

-Neither SC nor LA has more than 4 home conference games, preferably they play all 9 games on the road. Why not?

-SC and LA bye week is week 1 or before conference play starts.

-@ ASU/AZ early season, noon kickoffs.

-@ Utah/WSU/OSU late season, night games. 

-Neither plays Colorado or Stanford. 

-Play each other @ a neutral site (Boise St) on a weeknight.

Seriously screw these guys, P10 owes them nothing. 

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

I like the way you think. No home games for them is an absolute necessity. Or a massive payout to the visiting team.
          EXCEPT the BSU thing. My eyes literally bleed when I have watched games on that terrible field.

prestitute
        Ute Fan
        @prestitute

I will say, Kliavkoff has one key job: Get us MONEY in the TV deal. If we can get us above the B12 in per team total comp, he is fine in my book. If he can’t, rhe league will likely not last, so we won’t have to deal with him anyway.

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Is he still complaining or Pat Forde is just now reporting it?   Not a fan of Riley, but he has some legit complaints, and Whitt had some complaints as well — both had complaints about clock rules and how they’re managed.   All complaints should be heard and hopefully lead to improvements in the officiating, where there was, in fact, a problem with interpretation or execution.    One thing Scott did not do well at all was manage the officiating because almost everyone across the country knows the Pac-12 has the worst officiating execution.   Gotta run that department like the NTSB.   Investigate every incident thoroughly and work with everyone to improve next week, next year, etc.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Every USC fan I have heard from is still bitching about the refs and are convinced they handed Utah the win. All I can say is play better. Their defense couldn’t get a stop in the second half. Boo hoo.

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

The result has nothing to do with the Trojans giving up half a thousand yards of offense does it?

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Most reasonable USC fans that I have talked to in person blame their Dcoordinator. 

Online fans obviously the anonymous way it is structured usually leads to people saying what their too chickens**t to say in person. 

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Lincoln Riley Still Whining about Ref’s