Lions, Tigers and……? Oh my?

Viewing 1 reply thread

Anonymous
      Inactive

Cal Bears vs Utah? Just looking at this game I want to know which team has a clear advantage. If you asked most Cal fans about Football they would say it starts and stops with Jared Goff.

If you asked Utah fans where is your clear advantage? Or how about an easier question….where does Utah not have an advantage? Yeah if you are telling me the stupid cliche Wilson Vs Goff I would say yes Goff has the advantage. Fortunately for Travis Wilson he doesn’t need to compete with Goff statistically to win. Unfortunately for Goff he has to play one of the best front sevens in the country. Utah is going to shut down the run and win this game in the trenches.

I wasn’t worried about this game in preseason and Cal hasn’t showed me anything in the season to change that. In fact Utah is far better offensively than I expected. Is Cal’s defense comparable to USU or Michigan? I would like to think Cal is closer to USU than Michigan. I feel the Aggie game was kind of an outlier for Utah’s season so far. But I still want to see sustained offensive production.

49-28 Utah wins big.

UteStuckInSeattle
      Ute Fan
      @utestuckinseattle

I’m inclined to think that Cal is closer to Oregon in regards to defense.

Their advantage over Oregon being they have a secondary that has managed to get turnovers on a more frequent basis.

I think we’ll be able to run quite well against Cal as long as we can show some of the same passing game we saw against the Ducks.

If we can get it done on the ground and take care of the ball in the air, I see us winning this comfortably.

Wilson’s Mustache
        Ute Fan
        @sigmaute

@utestuckinseattle ^This

Utah State has a very talented defense & Michigan might have the best defense in the country.

While I don’t think they are Oregon bad, I don’t expect Cals defense to give us anywhere near the trouble that Michigan or even Utah State did.

I think this game comes down to two stats (just to simplify) turnovers & big plays. If Utah can limit their own turnovers, & force cal to turn the ball over while limiting Cal’s big play ability I think Utah wins.

I read somewhere that Jared Goff has thrown 16 TDS & 0 Ints when blitzed. The best bet for Utah is to mainly rush 4 & contain the rushing attack. Make Cal be one dimensional & hopefully our secondary comes up with some big plays like they have in previous games.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Lions, Tigers and……? Oh my?