Listen up tech nerds have a question for you.

Viewing 5 reply threads

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I was trying my Chromecast out today and wanted to test PAC-12 Now app. The feed is turrible and halts. The quality pixels occasionally sans the commercials they are perfect!  

Yet I watch Hulu, YouTube and Movies anywhere just fine. All day,  I even watched the All Blacks smash the Wallabies today on a YouTube upload no issues at all. Is it just the Pac-12 servers or something?  Using Comcast for internet there upper tier casting from an iPhone 

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

I’d love to know this as well. This spring, I installed a second tv in my living room. I plan on getting a chrome cast for college football and Jazz games (currently use it for Phillies games). 

If I have any advice for you guys, get a second tv. It’s heaven. 

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Well it now does it even in the commercials. Watching the Utah vs Colorado 2014 game in 60. Domo just sealed the win. 

RedRocks
      Ute Fan
      @hypodactylus

There are a number of factors that could be affecting the quality of the video stream.  The streams from Youtube and Hulu are likely better at using compression/buffering to overcome connection issues that could be affecting your home wifi (assuming your Chromecast is using wifi), your internet service, or the bandwidth available from the content server (whoever the pac-12 pays to store/serve their content). 

It could also be a Chromecast optimization issue.  You could try testing the quality of the streaming service on other devices on the same network to see if they perform better.  If you get better performance on a different device, the issues are probably with your Chromecast.  Otherwise, it is probably an issue with the service from the PAC-12.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

I streamed to my iPhone8 and it was doing it as well. I am using WiFi and switched to the downstairs extender with the same issues only on the PAC12 now app. I am going to try it on LTE later. 

RedRocks
          Ute Fan
          @hypodactylus

Then it is likely either an issue with your wifi connection (which you can try to optimize) or the content servers for the PAC-12 content (which you can’t do anything about).

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

It is the PAC12 server. Did it on LTE and on another wifi. Pretty disappointing that dumb but it is all I have for watching P12 live content. 

CincyUte
      Ute Fan
      @cincyute

I’ve had similar troubles with my old Chromecast.  So I just bought a new ChromeCat Ultra, hoping it will work better with my 4k TV.  So far it seems to work much better.

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

I have the same issue when streaming PAC-12 on my iPad and using AirPlay to beam it to my AppleTV. It’s something on the PAC-12’s end, unfortunately. It’s the reason I’m going to be paying for SlingTV to watch any Pac12 games this season.

It would be nice if PAC-12 would actually develop an AppleTV app. Oh well.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc Listen up tech nerds have a question for you.