Listened to Cal beat writer on the radio

Viewing 3 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

He says the only way Cal wins this game is if Utah commits a lot of turnovers.  Their top QB is out for sure.  Their backup (Modster) is questionable.  They have lost 3-4 Olinemen to injury.  They allowed 9 sacks last week against OSU.

I don’t think Utah will get 9 sacks, because they know Utah’s defense would eat them alive if they ran anything but quick-release pass plays.  Barring turnovers or a huge mistake by our defense which allows for a huge chunk play, I am not sure that Cal has what it takes to ever get inside Utah’s 30.

The guy said that he’s not sure if Cal could compete with Utah’s defense even if they were healthy.

On the other side of the ball, Cal’s defense has been excellent.  They held Oregon to 17 points and UW to 20.  This is likely the best defense we will play this season.  It would be nice to have a healthy Huntley.

Sweetness
      Ute Fan
      @sweetness

Any thought on when Garbers will be back? We need him healthy for when they play USC.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

This guy thought that he would be back after the bye against WSU and then the next week is USC.  However, he really doesn’t know.  He said that any QB will struggle with the Oline problems they have.  He said they are hoping for two more wins and the most likely candidates are UCLA and Stanford.

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

I hear you but were getting 15 sacks.

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

unfortunately if we got anywhere near 15 I think they would just stop passing the ball altogether

ironman1315
          Ute Fan
          @ironman1315

So you’re saying they’ll just take a o eye after we get 10 sacks?

chinngiskhaan
            Ute Fan
            @chinngiskhaan

Nah… After thinking about it, I think Riverboat Kyle will find a way to make 15 sacks happen… He might even make it 16 for good measure.

Anonymous
      Ute Fan
      @anonymous

Nice work. A good narrative of why # of Sacks is an over-rated stat by itself, without proper context.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Listened to Cal beat writer on the radio