Listening to Covey for 30 minutes gives me some renewed hope

Viewing 2 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I guess he does a 30-minute show on ESPN700 every week.  What a great young man and his perspective gives me some hope for this team.

He said the biggest problem with the game Saturday was turnovers on the first two possessions.  Only 3 points came from these turnovers, but it hurt the continuity and confidence of the players.  Also, the coaches became a bit more conservative.  He said that you need to fight through things like that and they did not do a good job of this on Saturday.

He made an analogy to golf when a pro has you try to work on 5 or 6 things.  If you try to do all of them – your swing is terrible.  He said that each person needs to work on 1 or 2 things and it’s amazing how that can fix virtually everything.

He said that the Tuesday practice was great and the team seems energized.  He has always been a Bernard fan and felt all along that he would be RB1.  He said he is a great receiver and that’s what makes him so special.

He wants to be a coach.  I hope Utah is all over this and gets him on staff as soon as he decides to hang up his cleats.  I think he is going to be an amazing coach.

Utebeam
      Ute Fan
      @utebeam

Covey for president!

belli1976
      Ute Fan
      @belli1976

Great post. Covey would be a great coach. It seems like the knee injury had caused him to lose some of his twitch when running. Or opposing players are more aware and they aren’t fooled as much. I hope I am wrong because I love to see his agility and quickness.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

He has lost that super quick millisecond cutting and acceleration.

Stone
        Ute Fan
        @stone

Really? I don’t see that he has lost anything in terms of speed. He has had a great punt return in both games so far (basically, everytime he has fielded a punt, he has had a great return). He hasn’t really had many catches so far – so hard to judge from that.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Listening to Covey for 30 minutes gives me some renewed hope