Little Runnin Utes news

Viewing 3 reply threads

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Furlong and physicality

<p style=”font-size: 16px;font-family: HelveticaNeue-Light”>“I think we have the most athletic team in the Pac-12. These young guys are different,” Tillman said. “It’s a special group of guys. I’m actually scared. I think we have the best group of freshman out here in the Pac-12 so far.”

Anonymous
      Inactive

Broken link?

TheJuggernaut
      Ute Fan
      @thejuggernaut

I like the enthusiasm, and this definitely looks like Larry’s best recruiting class yet, but best group of freshmen in the PAC12? I’m not sure about that, take a look at the incoming classes for Oregon and UCLA.

GameForAnyFuss
        Ute Fan
        @gameforanyfuss

Well, we might have the best freshman class you could get without spending any money. 

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

With the way our “best football team ever” has underperformed relative to the pre-season hype. I’m really skeptical of Tillman’s comment.

2 1

iamthepreacher
        Ute Fan
        @iamthepreacher

So…basketball and football are two different sports and the success/failure of one has no impact on the other.

UteThunder
          Ute Fan
          @utethunder

No s**t Sherlock. I’m just saying I’m not going to buy into any hype. Especially when it includes “best” anything. I don’t care what sport it is.

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

What do you find enjoyable about athletics?

I have made it clear that sports is pure entertainment. I enjoy discussing sports. I love the negatives(Been doing more of that lately), I love the hype as long as it is based on some reality. 

I think Ute Basketball has a lot of potential. Larry K has had some tough breaks if I ever don’t want to fault a good coach it is him. I feel like Larry K has a blank check as long as we can keep him. Zona, USC and Oregon should have all been blasted into oblivion when he had some good teams. It is a shame Wright and Poeltl never got a fair shot when they played by the rules. 

UteThunder
              Ute Fan
              @utethunder

I enjoy watching good competition. Seeing amazing displays of athleticism. The back and forth gamesmanship between coaches and their teams. I also enjoy talking about the what, why, and how things happened.

As for Larry K and Ute basketball, I can’t believe you give him so much slack. He seems to have the highest roster turnover of any coach in the Pac-12 which is really holding the program back and other than one Sweet Sixteen, he hasn’t really accomplished anything other than returning Utah B-ball back to respectability. He’s a good coach, but not a great coach. 

Utesbyfive
                Ute Fan
                @utesbyfive

But who can we get who’s any better? Without a home-run hire, we have the best coach we can ever get.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Little Runnin Utes news