local media coverage FRUSTRATION supporting evidence #462,345

Viewing 2 reply threads

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

I get it. Skiing is a small niche sport that doesn’t draw much attention, but I would hope that a National Championship would get at least a blurb by a certain website. I’m not asking for anything on the front page, but just a few sentences acknowledging a feat that less than a 100 people on the planet could compete in as successfully.

If a certain bible college 40 miles to the South, finished 4th in clogging, sewing or a scripture chase its front page news.

Fa-Q KSL

Anonymous
      Inactive

I agree with the sentiment and share your frustration. Utah fans should complain to media outlets about the lack of coverage. If we are not the vocal or “squeaky” wheel, then who pays attention?

I also note that the root of the problem rears its ugly head in your post. You make a completely specious comparison for no apparent reason. If we are the “Big Brother” now, and make no mistake – we are, then it’s time to retire irrelevant and insignificant comparisons.

sweetgrass
        Ute Fan
        @sweetgrass

on Saturday, I sent an email to the “reporting news section” on KSL’s website just informing them that they had won.

SL Trib has a story on it
        Des. News has it
        ABC Utah’s web page has it

instead KSL’s website is featuring stories on: canyoneering with kids, a house covered in ice and bike tires on Mnt bikes.

Anonymous
          Inactive

Yeah. Wut ya gonna do?

DieHardUtahUtesFan
      Ute Fan
      @diehardutahutesfan

KSL? Local TV news is still a thing that people watch or care about? I thought it was less relevant than print media or even AM radio.

Also, there’s this:

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865675417/Utah-Utes-ski-team-wins-2017-NCAA-championship.amp

sweetgrass
        Ute Fan
        @sweetgrass

if there is a better resource for local weather traffic news other than KSL.COM I’ll happily switch

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

I just use Google Maps. Much more accurate than KSL. 

Utah
            Ute Fan
            @utah

for traffic. 

@Tony – I go to edit my post above and it keeps coming up “page cannot load”. Thanks. 

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Other Ute Sports local media coverage FRUSTRATION supporting evidence #462,345