Viewing 14 reply threads

The Lone Wolf
      Ute Fan
      @thelonewolf

How are you feeling Utes? Nervous?

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

Not especially. Whitt always has a strong gameplan for the Team Down South. Plus, even with our injuries, we still match up really well. Our D and O lines are superior to the Zoob’s. Booker is out, yes, and BYU-P fans are reveling in that fact; but they seem to forget about a kid named Joe Williams who (if he can hang on to the ball) will run BYU into the ground.

Not to mention the #2 overall defense in the PAC: #1 in INTs, #1 in Rush Defense, #3 in Pass D. Efficiency.

Oh, and BYU has only played one ranked opponent all season, and lost.

Not predicting an outright win just yet, that will depend on which Travis Wilson shows up in Vegas. But overall, I feel pretty confident.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by KiYi-Ute.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

With half the team injured and unable to play and no decent passing game at all? Sure. Definitely nervous.

This is a no-win situation for the Utes.

If they beat byu they were supposed to. If they lose, the zoobs will be going all tarzan pounding their chests about it.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

@kiyi-ute we went away from running UCLA into the ground with Williams, when it was working. Will we be that dumb again against the zoo?

KiYi-Ute
        Ute Fan
        @kiyi-ute

I sure hope not. No idea what goes on in A-Rod’s head. In fact, I’m not sure he knows what’s going on in his own head most of the time. Ever since Oregon he hasn’t dialed up a consistent offensive game plan.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Was the Oregon game plan “that” good or did Oregon just s**t the bed that day? I’m not so sure anymore after watching our offense the last few weeks.

THEeyepatch
        Ute Fan
        @theeyepatch1

Have a little ‘faith’ Tony, it’s all on the TDS now. Overconfidence can be a weakness.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Just start KT at QB and we’ll be fine.

Anonymous
        Inactive

No

KiYi-Ute
        Ute Fan
        @kiyi-ute

Apparently, KT has been taking reps at receiver since Covey and Scott will be out.

Could be interesting.

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

Apparently, KT has been taking reps at receiver since Covey and Scott will be out.

Could be interesting.

I’ve been hoping for something like that all year. He’s got some running talent. Get him the damn ball.

oc_ute
        Ute Fan
        @ocute

been a wilson supporter forever and to an extent i still am. however, if he isn’t getting it done, we need a quick hook for sure. if he throws an INT to the LB, i will throw a temper tantrum for sure ! need to give KT some time if it isn’t happening. TW did have a great game last year in the LV bowl. we do seem to give him very little credit for the read option (running). he is very very good at that.

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

Nervous no, just disappointed. The last four quasi-great QB’s to come out of Provo are a combined 0-4 against Utah. And that includes Taysom “Glass Legs” Hill and “Heisman and National Championships” Heaps (54-10 anyone). If anybody’s nervous, it’s Tatum Mango, it’s all on his shoulders to beat Utah in the last six years. I don’t think he’ll be up to the challenge. Utah has played against better QB’s in the Pac-12 (Goff, Rosen, Adams) and shut them well below their usual stat lines.

I’m sure the TDS’ O-line is nervous, as well as the pathetic TDS secondary and rush defense (I can’t even name a player on the TDS’ front-7?). But I’m sure they’re all TDS ‘LEGENDS’? Shall we talk about Special Teams where the game might come to in field position and kickers?

I expect Utah’s ‘B and C’ squad to still beat TDS’ ‘A-Team’.

Too bad Utah got passed over from the Foster Farms Bowl (3.3 mil payout + ‘P5’ opponent) to play a Big XII wannabe in the RPLV Bowl (1.3 mil).

Better win the game TDS, it’s really on you. You begged for it, now you got it.

The Lone Wolf
        Ute Fan
        @thelonewolf

Wait, the last four QB’s lost to Utah? I remember two. Nelson and Hill. Hill was great, Nelson was a bum. The two guys before that, Hall and Beck had three wins. Mangum is already as good as Hall was his sophmore year. Mangum will be one of the better QB’s you have faced. Unfortunately for you guys you have to deal with him 4 times.

Your comment on the pass rush was…uninformed. Bronson Kaufusi has 11 sacks. The BYU has 37 on the year, tied for 6th nationally. Utah sits down the list at 20. BYU has 15 int’s on the year, only 4 fewer than Utah. You are living in the past. This BYU D is different. Run D is our weakness. Fortunately for us, we won’t see Booker and your backup is banged up.

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

We’ll see Lone Wolf. Pressure is all on Tatum Mango. Travis has won on a bigger stage for a few years. You’ll see the “BULL DOG”. And we’ll see ‘TDS v. Michigan’ Tatum Mango at the RPLV Bowl. I can’t wait now.

GO UTES!

• This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by THEeyepatch.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Comparing sack statistics between the two teams with such different strength of schedules is not really meaningful.

The Lone Wolf
      Ute Fan
      @thelonewolf

You’re a smart guy Tony. Sure it’s meaningful. BYU didn’t play a PAC schedule, but it wasn’t a Sunbelt schedule either. Kaufusi is a top 3 rounder.

UTE98
        Ute Fan
        @ute98

Lone Wolf, you are correct it isn’t a Sunbelt schedule. Not even the Sunbelt would stoop so low as to play mighty Wagner.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Not even the Sunbelt would stoop so low as to play mighty Wagner.

LOL

Anonymous
      Inactive

32 of BYU’s sacks came in their 8 games against G5 teams plus one FCS team, with a high of 8 against Cincinnatti. That’s an average of 4 sacks per G5/FCS game.

Just 5 total sacks in their 4 games against P5 teams, for an average of 1.25 sacks per game. Notably, 0 sacks against UCLA and 0 sacks against Missouri.

So it looks like there’s not much to worry about BYU’s sack prowess as it was largely accomplished against bottom of the sack competition.

P.S. Watching Lowell Lutulei manhandle Koroma will be an epic joy.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I knew someone (other than me) would come up with some realistic sack stats… lol.

Anonymous
      Inactive

The Lone Wolf’s silence is deafening after that statistical throw down.

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

are you saying people actually care about BYU?

Viewing 14 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Lol, nobody cares about Utah.