3. Bushman

4. Moss

5. Huntley

6. Covey

7. Anae

8. Gay

9. TakiTaki

10. Love

So, now the season is over, who doesn’t belong in top ten and who should replace them?

IMO – Blackmon, Bushman, Huntley do not belong in the top ten.  The other 7 had great seasons and belong in there.  I think Chase is indeed number 1 and I think Love belongs in the top 5.

Here are my possible replacements (pre-season ranking in parens); Barton (17), Fotu (15), JJ (16), from Utah. Tarver (14) and Woodward from USU and possibly Kaufusi (12) from BYU.  That is 6, and there are only slots for three.  Arguements could be made for each of them.  I think JJ belongs in the top 5 and Fotu should be in the top 10 IMO.  USU had a great team and probably deserves more than just 1 player in the top ten.

Overall, the predictions were pretty darn good IMO.  I always thought they missed on JJ.  I thought he was our best DB coming in, but Blackmon got the hype.

Just my two cents.

PS – Bushman did not have a great season, but looked like a top ten guy against us.  

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

No JJ or Blair? They truly are idiots on that station. 

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

My bad. Bushman. 

Anonymous
      Inactive

“Us” who?

Blackmon plays for “us.”

Red Dawn
        Ute Fan
        @ranger15

Think he meant Bushman

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

I found that curious as well. 

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Seriously???? Chase is not number 1.

Objectively lets start with the AP All-Americans in Utah.   Wishnowsky (2nd team) and Matt Gay (3rd team)

I guess 60 in 60 hates kickers because Gay was down at #8, Wishnowsky outside top ten.

Then David Woodward from USU (3rd team LB) — was he even in the 60-in-60?

Then I’d have Anae, Covey and Chase Hanson.  

Moss is up there also, it is unfortunate that he got hurt or he’d have some good season avg numbers.

After that group I’d put Blackmon.  Made some great plays but not consistently great all season IMHO.

Dunno about the zoobs, didn’t watch them, and living out of state did not hear a word on local media about TDS.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

It’s all an opinion.  IMO, yes Chase was number one.  He was on the field half the time and was a great player and leader.  Just my opinion, but I do think he was 1, seriously.

Moss may have been number 1 for me, but missed 3 games.  Still top 5 for me.

Gay was amazing.  I said he belongs in the top ten.  Mitch did not have as good of season as I expected.  So, Mitch was not top ten IMO.  Maybe, my expectations were too high.  Still very good, but it’s hard for a punter to be top ten IMO.  He did make a difference, but only plays 7-8 plays a game.  (I know he was the holder too, so he probably averaged 12-13 plays a game.)

I think JJ and Guidry are both better DBs than Blackmon.  But, I am not an NFL scout.  Just how I saw it.

I honestly don’t know a lot about the Aggies except they had a great season and Woodward was their leading tackler with 124 tackles.  I was just putting up some top Aggie players for discussion purposes.  I would not have put him in the top ten.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Moss is the best player in the state. 

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

When you rush him yes. 

Hansen and Barton are the two best players in the state. Fotu or Anae after that. 

Distantute
      Ute Fan
      @distantute

Ty is definitely top 10.  What did you watch this year.  

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Look back at the 60 in 60