looks like a 3rd PAC-12 hoops school is on FBI radar

Viewing 3 reply threads

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Shocking!! I would have never believed it! 

UtMtBiker
        Ute Fan
        @utmtbiker

Yeah, I think I’m more shocked that UCLA isn’t on the list.  

Skywalker11
      Ute Fan
      @skywalker11

FWIW, Oregon is actually only on this because they recruited Bowen who ultimately turned down Oregon for Louisville, who was later found to have paid him 100k. In the following tweet, Wetzle says that “being mentioned to jurors does not necessarily mean wrongdoing”.

<p lang=”en” dir=”ltr”>Oregon is listed because they recruited Brian Bowen, who allegedlyt had his family accept payments in exchange for him choosing to attend Louisville. https://t.co/nov9qeiyRf</p>— Matt Prehm (@Prehmmr247) October 1, 2018

<script async src=”https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js&#8221; charset=”utf-8″></script>

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Soooo? How much did Oregon offer? 75k?

Skywalker11
          Ute Fan
          @skywalker11

Im gonna go ahead and guess that Oregon would have no problem outbidding Louisville if they were going to do that.

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

I suppose it makes sense that an Oregon alum might be bitter about losing the recruit — whether or not they were outbid in the process.

Is there a limit to the amount of free athletic gear a school can give the athletes?  Clearly they’d be allowed to provide what is needed for working out, competing, etc, but I recall Florida State, among others, has gotten in trouble over giving expensive athletic shoes to the athletes.  Like giving expensive basketball shoes to football players.   Anyway, with all the support Oregon gets from Nike they might have a treasure trove of free Nike gear to hand out.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Possibly a lucrative Nike deal….no couldn’t be. 

Skywalker11
          Ute Fan
          @skywalker11

I am pretty certain that theres an allowance that can be given to each player in gifts aka “gear” even at Oregon. Really, the only benefit that Oregon has over others when it comes to that kind of stuff is being able to receive gear outside of the Nike template with custom designs and what not. 

While I’d like to say Oregon runs a clean program in all sports, Basketball is certainly the one where I would not be surprised if something were to come out. The whole sport is dirty and losing integirty fast. Dana Altman is a fantastic coach on the court but his mishandling of a few off court issues have had me question his own itegrity. And while the tweet above isn’t referencing anything Oregon did wrong, unfortunately, I wouldn’t be shocked if something else was revealed down the road. 

AirForceUte
      Ute Fan
      @cdoughboy2000

Interesting… but what is with DePaul? Which of these is not like the others? 

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) looks like a 3rd PAC-12 hoops school is on FBI radar