Looks like Bowen (the PSU Grad transfer LB) is confirmed

Viewing 5 reply threads

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

That’s a big get, can’t wait to see what he can do next year.

Former Penn State LB Manny Bowen transferring to Utah

https://twitter.com/mannybowen43/status/1065257263953297408

NarfUte
      Ute Fan
      @narfute

Here’s the actual tweet (he fixed a typo)

Anonymous
        Inactive

He should be here for spring?

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

Yes. I believe he already graduated from Penn State. 

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

Boom.  Huge get…9 starters return on O. D-Line, DE’s, LB’s, Corners all in great shape…need a couple of safeties to step up and we don’t miss a beat.

1 1

Redblood
        Ute Fan
        @redblood

Definitely bullish but… Moss will leave and 3 current  OL starters (Falemaka, Aggisiva, Barton) right? In fairness others have started at times cause of injuries. 

And maybe Fotu, Anae on DL leave as well? Still a lot to look forward to.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Tupai was absolutely insane against Colorado he is really starting to shine. I think Anae should stay but both of those ends are going to be crazy next season. 

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

this deserves a Caw Caw Bitches! 

How can you not be bullish on the future of Utah football?

SkinyUte
        Ute Fan
        @skinyute

Why, is there someone who isn’t?

FtheY
          Ute Fan
          @fthey

Paging pace manyung from two weeks ago?

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Pace will get back on the warpath even if Whitt won the Rose Bowl. It is because he is MORmon pure and simple reason right there. 

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Easier schedule in 2019 combined with returning a lot of talent and plugging up holes?  This Penn St kid has a steep learning curve but I am very excited about next year’s team. Winning in the Coliseum is never easy if they keep Helton though I like Utah’s chances. 

Onlyu
          Ute Fan
          @uf8fl

He comes in this December so has plenty of time to learn the system.  If it wasn’t until the Summer I’d be concerned.  Bottom line is that the Linebacking core is a strength again next year which is great to say considering what we lose.  

3+ quality RB’s, 2+ QB’s, multiple TE’s, 5+ WR’s, 3+ OL all with experience including our center.  Tufua and Maxs at DE if Anae leaves, 4+ LB’s, 3+ Corners, 3+ DLineman.  Need to have a couple of safties step up

Same offensive and defensive systems and coaches (most likely), scheduling advantage over this year with 5 of 9 home league games and no Oregon or Stanford.  Cal, ASU and Wash St at home but @ SC and Wash.

SC plays Oregon, Stanford and Utah at home and Washington on the road.  They also play at Cal and ASU so not an easy schedule.  Back to back is a real possibility with some luck.  

Anonymous
            Inactive

@Arizona is one that concerns me. 

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

I’m glad to have Bowen, but the decision puzzles me a bit. I know that I know nothign about his situation, and his reasoning for signing with the Utes, but man… What are the odds he actually gets a starting position next year? We’ve got Bernard, who seems to be doing very well, and we’ve got Thompson, who I’ve always really liked (and I’d be a little bugged if Bowen came in and took his spot tbh)… Is this guy really good enough to supplant either of those two guys? Is he worth potentially upsetting a bunch of guys that have been working and waiting their turn on the sidelines?

I don’t know anything about this guy, so just thinking out loud.

UtesRule
        Ute Fan
        @utesrule

You can’t have too much depth at the LB position. Injuries are pretty high with this group. 

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

https://youtu.be/WmMQdWEvS8I

Bernard was the guest on the Coach’s show go ahead and listen to the whole thing. Reilly ask him about next year and his comments are pretty telling. Bernard is grateful for a chance to even return to D1 football after his mistakes. The mentality of the team is never “woe is me I am promised things and I didn’t get them.” Tuttle left for various reasons but if I had to point at one is he didn’t man up. 

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Go watch his film. He will start for us next year. He is a NFL guy. 

The best comparison I have for you is Bowen is to LB what Carrington is to WR. 

St George Ute
      Ute Fan
      @stgeorgeute

Sounds like he’s excited to come here!

Manny Bowen on coming to Utah

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Looks like Bowen (the PSU Grad transfer LB) is confirmed