looks like South End Zone project will cost $80 million per BOT

Viewing 3 reply threads

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

St George Ute
      Ute Fan
      @stgeorgeute

Does anyone have a link to the proposed changes? I remember there being some luxury boxes and a concourse. I mentioned the plans to a friend a couple weeks back and wanted to show him the artist’s renderings.

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

https://www.blocku.com/2013/1/24/3912430/utah-unveils-rice-eccles-stadium-expansion-plan

that is the last rendering I have seen, but this one is fairly old, they might have changed some things

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

I guess they would move the jumbotron to above the NEZ then?

NarfUte
          Ute Fan
          @narfute

No, the bigass TV is set back far enough and high enough to accomodate the proposed SEZ changes. Basically it’s in its final spot

St George Ute
        Ute Fan
        @stgeorgeute

Thanks sweetgrass! Do we know if that’s the plan the BOT is voting on next week? I remember seeing one a year or so ago that had a large open-air/uncovered concourse with restaurants. It may have just been one of a few possible renovations though. IIRC, it was sent to CC members with some sort of survey.

Great1Ute
        Ute Fan
        @tribute

I’ve seen the most recent one (I had to promise not to post it online).  The center section has red seats–not bleachers.  There is a cut-out at the top in the middle to accomodate the scoreboard.  Half way up there is a rooftop terrace and there are also several ledge seats and club seats (kind of like RSL). The corners are all bleacher seats–like in your picture.  

St George Ute
          Ute Fan
          @stgeorgeute

That sounds like the one I’m thinking of. The rendering I saw was a thing of beauty. I know where I’m going to try and get season tickets if that’s what they go with. 🙂

sweetgrass
          Ute Fan
          @sweetgrass

can you email it to ummmm your new friends?  😀

CincyUte
            Ute Fan
            @cincyute

Based on the descriptions provided above, the new SEZ will look exactly like this:

MotherJabubu
      Ute Fan
      @motherjabubu

What will this bring the stadium capacity up to?

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football looks like South End Zone project will cost $80 million per BOT