Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin
      3 1

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Liability vs liability  

Do any of the teams want to have a coach,training staff, doctor or elderly booster die because of an outbreak on the team? 

Or do they want to pull the rug out of financial support, stability and housing for all these kids?  

Complicated equation I am depressed the season will be cancelled. I am of the opinion that cancelling the season may be good for the long-term health of the sport right now.

I also don’t believe the school should be held responsible for someone dying of a virus that individually you should be responsible for not contracting. Unless you know they order COVID patients into your nursing home to keep empty hospital beds. 

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Now rumblings that this Big10 story is fake news. 

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

Well, now that Trump has announced that he wants to see college football this season, it won’t happen for sure.

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

LOL.  I am neither an orange man fan, or hater.  But I swear if he cured cancer the anti-trump crowd would suddenly fall in love with it. 

9 1

CB
            Ute Fan
            @solidhobo

You are exactly right, and we have seen it with Trump going after big pharma as well as putting $430 million to combatting child trafficking just in the last few days. The anti-Trumpers are silent. Not trying to get politcal, but it’s a joke how delusional people are, and will base their views and stances opposite of whatever the president says.

Side note, and this isn’t a political argument at all, is no one going to talk about Sweden and how they have essentially created a national herd-immunity by not shutting down and not mandating mask-wearing policy? They are basically free of COVID, so idk why people think postponing/canceling the football season to hopefully wait for a vaccine is a smart idea. The vaccine likely won’t even exist for at least another year. I just hate politics and how everything is political. – rant over

4 6

SkinyUte
              Ute Fan
              @skinyute

The news that Sweden has “created a national herd-immunity” will certainly be news to them.

All indications are that Sweden’s success in slowing the COVID-19 spread has come primarily because they, as a society, largely adhered to social distancing and other medical recommendations.

You know, all those things that Americans refuse to do because FREEDOM!!! 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-53498133?fbclid=IwAR0i7UAF2CqfLqEHD2Y_bV0Uw0QPWqXFQZnb5XRN3f_lKpr7W2Livh222JE

6 1

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

The only example Sweden set that is correct is that they created policy based on their Constitution and Laws. Which is what should happen here. 

Other than that Sweden is an awful comparison. Even comparing it to Michigan which is similar in climate and population is bad. Diets, health and race being very different. 

The first thing that should be done after Nov 4 is throwing anyone in Federal prison who recommended or approved sending COVID patients to nursing homes. 

UtMtBiker
                Ute Fan
                @utmtbiker

An example fact be correct or incorrect. It’s an example. It is what it is. Your personal moral and political opinions doesn’t make something correct or incorrect.

UteBacker
              Ute Fan
              @utebacker

CB-  I don’t think shutting down football season has anything to do with the virus, per se.  It has everything to do with colleges wanting to avoid a major lawsuit because they sanctioned an enviornment that caused someone’s kid to get the virus.  It’s a liability thing and it SUCKS.  I’m not even sure what to do with my life without college football (pathetic, I know).

Tony (admin)
                Admin/Founder
                @admin

I’m afraid this is the issue ^^.  Nobody wants to get sued. 

noneyadb
                Ute Fan
                @noneyadb

Fear of liability makes zero sense. If Universities are shutting down sports for fear of liability, why are any schools opening? This is about the player movement to unionize and athletic departments want time to understand the possible effects.

UtMtBiker
              Ute Fan
              @utmtbiker

Not trying to be political but then you spout off a bunch of inaccurate political oppionion as fact. Bless your heart.

UTUTE
                Ute Fan
                @utute

I believe it is all based on liability.

Most if not all colleges are going to have some or all classes virtual, for the safety of the students.

How can universities do this and expect college football to proceed? Any lawyers out there please chime in.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Looks like the Big 10 is out