Loss to Zags, didn't know it was our 5th game in 9 nights, Zags 2nd in 11 nights

Viewing 0 reply threads

89ute
      Ute Fan
      @89ute

This is a good read, Larry looking back on last year and talking about next.

Krystkowiak says Runnin’ Utes are ‘chopping wood’

The following Saturday, Utah’s season came to an end with the loss to Gonzaga in Denver. It was the Utes’ fifth game in nine nights.

“The reality was we didn’t have a real deep team and we were tired,” Krystkowiak said. “If people want to perceive that as an excuse or whatever, that was the reality.”

It was later brought to Krystkowiak’s attention that the deeper Gonzaga team was playing its second game in 11 nights. Perhaps explaining, in part, why the Utes seemed to be running in mud that night.

I was shocked how the Zags manhandled us. We really looked bad that night. I can buy into the tired and lack of depth explanation. The Zags didn’t get our best shot and that type of loss is hard to take. Unlike Oregon handing it to us three times in a row. I can take that, Oregon is better, period, the end. Lick your wounds and come back better next year.

Viewing 0 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Loss to Zags, didn't know it was our 5th game in 9 nights, Zags 2nd in 11 nights