execUTEioner
      Ute Fan
      @executeioner

@480ute ***TESTING NOTIFICATIONS***
      test

execUTEioner
      Ute Fan
      @executeioner

My test post is showing up as being older than this post when this post was already here. This is probably because Tony reset the timezone. This also means that the database stores the localized time without the timezone info and not UTC time. Naughty developers.

execUTEioner
        Ute Fan
        @executeioner

I was trying to post to AZSwayze, but it’s not showing as a reply to his post. Probably because of the time issue.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by execUTEioner.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Yeah the time zone wasn’t set right.

The username tagging thing is certainly a really cool feature, just about exactly the same way twitter works. My name and username on twitter are not the same.

execUTEioner
      Ute Fan
      @executeioner

It’s also annoying that the @mention feature uses the username not the display name, which often differs. The display name needs to be the unique username to be really useful.

Hockeybeard
        Ute Fan
        @hockeybeard

agreed. I don’t want to have to click on the user’s profile to find out what their Username is vs what their display name is.

Unless they went to a Twitter style format (i.e. Hockeybeard@Hockeybeard). But I don’t know if that would be as aesthetically pleasing.

AZswayze
      Ute Fan
      @AZswayze

I’m not keen on receiving an email every time somebody responds to a post, but the notification at the top corner is perfect. Lets me know somebody fired back without having to wade through a million pages, and keeps my inbox from being flooded.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Ute Hub Site Comments and Suggestions Love the notification feature.