Macbook Water

Viewing 3 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Bought a new Macbook Air for bride of admin back on 12/4.  Early xmas gift.  Today it wouldn’t turn on.  Went through all the steps and finally came to giving it a shake to reset the drop sensor.  At that point water poured out of it.  

It’s a Macbook Water.

Opened it up, dried it out with tissues, and have it sitting opened on some building blocks over the heat vent.  Maybe it will dry out and work later.

jamarcus24
      Ute Fan
      @jamarcus24

To steal a UF.N addage: put it in a bowl of rice.

hnoseguard
        Ute Fan
        @hnoseguard

It’s actually not a bad idea. The rice will absorb the water and definitely help. If the computer was powered off when the spill occurred, it has a high rate of success. If the computer had power and was running when the spill occurred, there’s still a chance to save it.

PlainsUte
          Ute Fan
          @plainsute

Your MacBook’s water broke?   New Ipad on the way?

Tacoma Ute
          Ute Fan
          @tacomaute

I can attest to that. I got my iPhone wet a couple days ago. I thought it was toast. The rice saved it although some features don’t work well anymore.

uteman12
      Ute Fan
      @uteman12

Did you buy Apple Care by chance? I believe Apple Care covers incidental.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Well I opened it up and got as much water out as I could. Then I left it open and put it on top of the heat vent. About 6 hours later it started up and is working fine. Whew.

Daedalus
        Ute Fan
        @daedalus

My experience (admittedly with non-Apple products) is that laptops are more resilient to water spills than phones.  The rice trick sometimes helps the phone, but the residue and corrosion usually shortens their lives.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc Macbook Water