Main take away from spring game

Viewing 4 reply threads

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Brewer is obvious. But for me it was the WR. 

Between Dixon,covey, enis, Vele. We are set. I was stoked to see Enis get touches. When he’s engaged he’s a beast. Best hands on the team,size, amazing blocker. Because we run the ball first and a I don’t see that changing I think the 4 WRs are set. 

Uphoric
      Ute Fan
      @uphoric

We need about 8-10 receivers in this system.  My particular attention was on the really young receivers.  While those you mentioned stood out, and I agree with your assessment, the young guy who stood was Cain Savage.  He only caught one ball on a spectacular play. You could see by his athletism and speed he will be a dude.  Still need a couple more guys but the guys we have look really good.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

I figured we’d be fine even after the transfers. Those guys are good but they didn’t really stand out above the others IMO. All we need is a couple of guys for depth.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I agree with you to a point.  I think the 4 wide receivers you mentioned are very good and our three tight ends are excellent.  However, we need more than 4 good wide receivers.  Wide receivers come in and out of the game.  No receiver can be in every play.  Add to that – injuries are inevitable – we need at least 8 wide receivers who can play D1 ball.  Do we have that?  I don’t know.  I know Whitt wants to add two more receivers before fall camp.

I do think that we are in very good hands with Brewer at the helm.  I know our offensive line has been a weakness for a few years.  However, I trust OnlyU.  He said we should be good – I trust him.

Oh, I really like what I saw with our top three running backs.  I don’t think there will be a problem at RB.

Go Utes!!!

Crow
      Ute Fan
      @crow

Vele was a beast yesterday

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Main take away from spring game

• This topic has 4 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Crow.