Making a Bold Prediction

Viewing 7 reply threads

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

Utah is set up for long term success.
      Whittingham has instilled a culture and attitude that will continue to permeate the program long after he’s gone.
      Scalley is the coach in waiting, and will pick up where Whit left off.

My Prediction:
      Utah will become the next “New Blue Blood” program.

Fight me.

MauchDawgUte
      Ute Fan
      @mauchdawgute

Let’s call it red blood but I like your style. 🙂

Redblood
        Ute Fan
        @redblood

Yes, let’s call it that. 😉

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

Love the take! I agree, Scalley should be the next coach after Whitt…Go Utes!!

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I’m down

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Amazing how far Utah has excelled in many sports since joining the P12. Some areas to assist with getting to the next level for football to compete on the national stage. Bottom line, just win baby! This year was a huge step for Utah.

Agree on Scalley, and buck up for the other coaches. I presume Shah, Ludwig, and Powell, McDonald are in for the long haul. I am guessing Swan and Po’hua will have other opportunities. Not too worried about quality coaches with so many Utah players in the coaching ranks doing well that would coach at Utah.

1. Recruiting. Utah has a system that attracts the right players for their system. Utah still sits in the 30 ranking range for recruiting. For a team with all the recent success Utes need to start landing more of the 4-5 star players. I know it’s a numbers game, but the data does not lie, the top 10 teams attract the top level talent every year in college football. Not saying Utah recruiting hasn’t improved a ton, they need to take the next step. Transfer portal is a huge benefit for teams like Utah.
      2. Beat good teams when they’re the hunted. Utes got over that hump this year to an extent. Next year Utah’s ranked probably the highest they’ve ever been to start the season. They need to play and win like a team under the spot light.
      3. Beat Florida. National recognition. Beat down on Florida is good for the P12 and Utah.

Great to see all the hard work paying off for the Utes and the coaching staff during such a trying year. Go Utes!

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

Remember when Utah couldn’t score if the ball is within the 5 yard line. Now it’s automatic. What changed? 

FtheY
        Ute Fan
        @fthey

1. Ludwig, better play calling

2. Better execution from the players. Oline did their part and so did the tight ends and receivers. After the OSU game, Covey told Bill Riley the plays were there, but the execution suffered on those and cost us the game. Slight missed assignments have been cleaned up. 

3. Tavion Thomas – dude is automatic from 5-10 yards out. 

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

I’d say a ton of 3 tight end sets and the D having to consider Rising being able to run, or pass to a TE, combined with TT’s vision and quickness to the hole.

1 37

Ute Bc
      Ute Fan
      @utebc

Sorry but Morgan will not be our next head coach. I like him and feel bad for him, but there’s no way he gets it after that horrible mistake.

23 1

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

Weren’t you the one swearing up and down that no black recruit would ever commit to Utah ever again? You’re 0 for 1. I guess you’re taking another swing at it.

Ute Bc
          Ute Fan
          @utebc

Nope. Never said that

AlohaUte
        Ute Fan
        @alohaute

The only way this is a logical thought in anyone’s brain is pure lack of context around what happened, i.e. ignorance. Because in no way does what he did warrant not getting a head coaching position and it shouldn’t have warranted what did happen to him. But based upon what I’ve observed in society the last 10 years, I can’t expect people to care about context or nuance or be able to critically think.

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

I think Scalley is the next HC. He’s the perfect guy for the job. But you’re proving Ute BC’s point. He also doesn’t seem to believe society as a whole cares about context, which is why he believes Scalley won’t be the next HC. I can understand why people think he won’t be, I can’t understand why people think he shouldn’t be.

Extra Medium
        Ute Fan
        @runningreddude

You should stay off the self righteousness woke bus. Scalley absolutely should be our next head coach and if he’s not it will be a complete failure of the administration.

Covey better be our next wonderkin coach in a few years. 

Ute Bc
          Ute Fan
          @utebc

There was nothing self righteous about my post. I just know where our society is. You are a classic example – not willing to discuss the issue and instead hurl unwarranted insults. It’s part of your ignorance (see what I did there).

Extra Medium
      Ute Fan
      @runningreddude

We are on our way but let’s slow the roll. Blue blood programs pull 5 start recruits, hundreds of millions in booster backing, heisman winners, and have more than a few nattys under their belt.

we have a great culture. We have an awesome family for players to join. But we have to win for a couple of decades to even be considered. We’ve only been playing big boy football for 11 years. Michigan, Ohio state, notre dame, usc have done it for a century. It’s going to take time. A lot of time but we have a great start. 

leftyjace
        Ute Fan
        @leftyjace

Ummmmmmmm becoming a new Blue Blood would definitely take some time. Yes, we’re on our way. But there’s no roll to slow – it’s going to be a slow roll regardless.

I am fully aware of what Blue Blood programs pull, get in booster backing, and earn in national titles and Heisman trophies, thank you very much.

I think what you’re confusing and conflating is “Blue Blood” versus “New Blue Blood” programs. I said “New Blue Blood” program. Something like a Clemson, which has really only been dominant and a player since 2015 – that would be 6 years worth of time.

This reddit thread is a fascinating read on the subject: https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/kr4mgh/which_schools_are_definitively_bluebloods/

These graphics, cited in the reddit thread, are also fascinating and insightful.

View post on imgur.com

AP Top 25 Appearances CFB

I stand by my bold prediction, whether you like it or not. I’m a fan. I’m making a prediction. And it’s bold. You are welcome to your disagreement (obviously).

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Making a Bold Prediction