March Madness SLC

Viewing 1 reply thread

RedLine
      Ute Fan
      @redline

Attended all the games in SLC. Few rambling thoughts and observations:

Have no idea how Saint Mary lost to Gonzaga 3 times in the regular season. Fun team to watch and talented. Also their mascot is so weird.

Northwestern​ fan base is classy. They also got the whole arena cheering for them against Vanderbilt, well except Vandy fans of course. Julia Louis Dryfuss cheers like a real fan rather the support mom. Felt kinda bad her son played for 3 seconds total in the game loss – the last three seconds.  

VCU band the peppers is awesome. Never seen an arena of multiple fan bases cheer for a band before.

U of A fan base was lackluster in attendance for their team on both games. Was surprised many Utes fans were cheering for SMU. Was oddly satisfying being able to watch Zona playing a game with no implications to Utah. I definitely root for the PAC in national tourneys.

Zags should not have been a one seed. Very surpassed they weren’t the first 1 seed to lose. Sat next to two Zags fans for all the games. Very friendly.

Saw Coach Kryskoviak in the concourse and said ‘hey coach’. He winked and said nice hat. (Was wearing my Utes Hat). Utes gear was well represented.  

Speaking of flair, saw team gear from every B10 school except Rutgers. 

Love March Madness. Heres to Running Utes making it the dance next next year.

Virginia Ute
      Ute Fan
      @virginiaute

Love the VCU band.  As an alum, I enjoyed their antics at all of their home games.  Scrappy group, but not with the arrongt aire that a similar band like Stanford has.  

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.