Mark Harlan has got to take action with coach K

Viewing 6 reply threads
      8 3

BleedsRedUte
      Ute Fan
      @bleedsredute

I think coach K is a likeable guy with a good background.  But the poor and inconsistent team performances over the years just doesn’t equate with a solid level of results like at least being in the top tier of the PAC12.  

The AD is new and probably will do a lot of soul searching before making his first major firing at the U.. But if you look at the what he was left with by Chris Hill, a championship gymnastics team, a championship ski team, a very competitive football team ranked in the top 20 of all college football teams in D1.  The lady Utes basketball is very competitive.  

What is wrong with this picture?  The very anemic Men’s basketball program that coach K has established over sereral years doesn’t seem to phase coach K.  Even with his nice salary, that I would be ashamed to be collecting, he hardly ever says anything about needing to do a better head coaching job!  

I for one am finally calling for coach K to be fired, bought out, whatever it takes.  And see if Harlan can earn his salary with a great hire.

Dante Guardi
      Ute Fan
      @danteg12

John Beilien would be a great hire ngl

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Problems seem clearly to be in the area of generating ohfensive production — turnovers and shot clock violations are not only creating losses they are losing fans due to the ugliness of it all.  Also something about producing on the road — the disparity between home and road record are striking.   Some have said its a symptom of a young team.  Anyway, if I were Harlan I’d call him in and ask how things are going to be different next year — yes there is new talent coming in, but how much will the Utes lose of this squad?   If he can retain the key players: Jones, Allen, Carlson, Plummer, Gotch, IMO, and then bring in the new hotshot recruits I’d say the Utes are in good shape and don’t mess with things.  Otherwise Kodiak needs to have a plan: new assistant(s), new ohfensive scheme, new road trip routine???

What is the length of the current contract?

Dante Guardi
        Ute Fan
        @danteg12

Gach can go IMO, the pieced we need to have a great team is Jones, Carlson, Allen, Jantunten, Plummer. in that order. Martinez will be better than Gach

1 1

PlainsUte
          Ute Fan
          @plainsute

Yeah, I threw his name in at the last sec, hence the misspelling, but I also have my doubts.  Speaking of that, why is Coach K giving him so many minUtes?     Had he started Plummer instead, or subbed him in sooner, the Utes might have beaten Cal.

3 4

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

I say we try and steal Pope away from BYU. One, because he’s a pretty good coach. And two, because the meltdown in Provo would be epic.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

I would say no to that because from what I’ve seen he is an arrogant prick.

astUTE
          Ute Fan
          @astute

Besides that, he is a really goofy bastard!  Watch him on the sideline, and in front of a mic – I swear, half the time, I’m think i’m watching a younger, thinner Boylen, when I’m watching him.

1 1

Larry B
            Ute Fan
            @larryb

My post was mostly TIC. However, have you guys met coach K? I’ve met him twice and both times he came off as a HUGE arrogant prick. And there’s nothing more goofy than burning some weird hippie plant in the locker room.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

He is perfect for the Turds. 

2 1

tarheelio
      Ute Fan
      @tarheelio

I am a proud alumnus of Utah and North Carolina. So I am familiar with Krysto and Ol’ Roy. It gets fuzzy with all of the additional income and family vacations, but Krysto gets a higher base salary than Roy. Consider the resources of UNC and the accomplishments of Roy – Utah is severely overpaying Krysto. Cut Krysto and hire Beilien right the funk now.

EutawStreet
      Ute Fan
      @eutawstreet

Utah is not going to win a bidding war for Beilein.  Texas, Boston College, Wake Forest, Georgia Tech, Florida, Indiana are in the mix.  Add to that possible openings at Arizona, Kansas, LSU and Auburn.  Who’s going to write the check?  Not Huntsman Sr.

pedro
      Ute Fan
      @pedro

My HO, he is not a good teacher of the game.  That isn’t going to change in a years time.  However, given the talent we have and that he has lined up to come in, you give him this year and next..  Then, baring some miracle, you cut him loose.  Hopefully by then the talent is enjoy the school and will stay.  

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Mark Harlan has got to take action with coach K