Mark harlan

Viewing 4 reply threads

ALUF
      Ute Fan
      @dbgii77

ESPN 700 has a giveaway to 5 people to have dinner with mark harlan and bill Reilly to ask any set of questions. If you were to win, what do you ask?

kazute
      Ute Fan
      @kazute

Off of the top of my head:

1- What has Coach Whittingham told you about the timing of his retirement?
      2- Who are the coaches in waiting, if no longer Morgan Scalley?
      3- What other coaches did you offer before Craig Smith?
      4- What has the Pac-12 (and new commissioner) told you about media, payouts and realignment (USC to B1G)?
      5- What are Utah’s plans if we are left out of super-conferences (NFL light)?

kazute
        Ute Fan
        @kazute

Of course I wouldn’t expect direct answers to any question because confidentiality. But if it were under oath, I would pursue questions to get non-public information.

Otherwise it would be banal “What do you like most about your job? What do you like least about your job?”

5 10

Anonymous
      Inactive

1. Why did you kowtow to byzoob and schedule 1for 1 games with them? Are you afraid of an audit?

2. Who wears the pants with your relationship with tom Homoe/byu? How about Kwhitt?

3. Did you know that the Utes have a baskeball team? Are you sure?

4. Do you think you deserve a bi- yearly raise or is yearly enough?

5. What is your marketing/communication strategy when you announce Swoop will be a bigger part of UofU branding?

UrbanLiar
        Ute Fan
        @urbanliar

FYI on your first question, the state legislature literally stopped funding long standing programs throughout the entire University that had nothing to do with athletics. Programs and planned changes were frozen or abandoned thanks to the legislature’s retaliation. That’s the perpetual threat, not just an audit.

PhiladelphiaUte
        Ute Fan
        @philadelphiaute

Don’t know why you’re getting voted down here.  Those are all very valid questions.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Why do you let Whitt close practices when 9 other teams in the P12, including USC, UW, ASU, etc have them open? 

Charlie
        Ute Fan
        @charlie

^^This^^ It is odd because I know Whitt depends on execution much much more than surprise. If they considered the whole of their product, they should consider customer interest in the runup to the season as part of the product.

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

Completely agree. It’s so dumb. Plus, it’s not like WSU and USC won’t know what we do by the time we play them. Closed practices is just silly. 

1 9

Extra Medium
      Ute Fan
      @runningreddude

1-Why did you make Shaw sign an NDA and threaten his job about the truth about Scalley’s text message when the truth would have completely exhonerated Scalley?

2-Do you realize Scalley is no longer 100% dedicated to staying at Utah for his entire career? Or that the majority of the football coaching staff doesn’t trust you or would work for you directly. 

3-When are you going to officially remove the association with the Ute Tribe because white women are offended?

I think I’ll be asked to leave after these questions. 

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

Shah* 

wjeres your information for number 2. 

Extra Medium
          Ute Fan
          @runningreddude

Yeah that guy…

Anonymous
            Inactive

Don’t understand #2. Please explain…or is this just trolling?

Central Coast Ute
              Ute Fan
              @flip2848

Troll

1 5

Extra Medium
              Ute Fan
              @runningreddude

Scalley and his wife were 100% dedicated to stay at the U as long as they possibly could until Harlan pulled this crap. He didn’t listen or consider other offers. That’s not the case anymore. Not only is he listening to other schools, he’ll consider offers. All the other coaches watched Harlan and Whitt throw Scalley under the bus. It’s all in the past now. Scalley’s raise has been reinstated but the damage has been done. 

I’m not trolling. I love the Utes. Harlan is a snake and everyone in the athletics department knows it. 

ironman1315
                Ute Fan
                @ironman1315

Where do you get this information? How do you know this?

1 1

MDUte
                Ute Fan
                @mdute

Nice try dude. In today’s climate, Scalley would’ve been fired if he was anywhere else in the country. If it hadn’t been for the fact that Whitt and Harlan had his back, he’d be hard pressed to find a coaching job at an FCS program. I love Scalley and I am so glad they did what they did to keep him because the pressure to go in the opposite direction was high. And I’m sure Scalley knows he’s incredibly fortunate to still have his job and career in tact and he has Whitt and Harlan to thank for that. This creates even more loyalty to Utah and the only reason why he might consider going elsewhere at some point is if he is not named the head coach when Whitt retires and he feels he needs to take a head coaching job at a G5 program to continue his career progression. Unless you can provide something concrete, you’re just trolling.

1 1

Central Coast Ute
                Ute Fan
                @flip2848

Whitt definitely had his back. Harlan did what he felt he had to do. In 2020 doing nothing would have resulted in the University burning to the ground. Scalley knows that.

Extra Medium
                  Ute Fan
                  @runningreddude

My sources are what they are. I trust them implicitly. Believe what you want. All is not well on the hill and I’ll be the saddest one when Scalley leaves. 

2 1

RedRocks
                    Ute Fan
                    @hypodactylus

And where would he go? BYU? As mentioned/implied above, he probably would have been fired if it weren’t for all the internal support you say he didn’t get.

1 3

Extra Medium
                      Ute Fan
                      @runningreddude

Scalley had plenty of inquiries about jobs after the “news” broke. There was no support from the athletic department. He was thrown under the liberal bus. Ruth Watkins is the one who stood up for him bc she knew the truth. Not Whitt and not Harlan. 

Scalley is a better man than me. I would have told both harlan and Whitt to eat a sick and gone straight to the press. He’s biding time until the right offer comes and it won’t be BYU. He’s nationally known and respected. He’ll leave before Whitt retires. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him make a lateral move to be DC somewhere else. 

I trust my sources. Call me a troll. Tell me I’m lying. I really don’t give a s**t what you think. It’s the truth.

I lost a ton of respect for Harlan and Whitt after hearing what really happened.

Central Coast Ute
                    Ute Fan
                    @flip2848

Some asked where you got your info. Now you say you have sources. Just wondering who they are.

1 1

Extra Medium
                      Ute Fan
                      @runningreddude

I’m not dropping names but I trust them. I’ve known them for years. I see them every few months. Every time we get together or run into each other we eventually talk all things Utah Football. They have no reason to lie to me. I’m a nobody. They don’t need to impress me. They tell me about all the great stuff the school and coaches do. They gave me the truth behind the text messages. They won’t go into personal issues of individual players which I tespect and support. I don’t ask. These are young men trying to figure life out. They don’t need to have their business talked about. They are very familiar with the program and have A LOT of direct and unfiltered access to everyone who is talked about on here. 

As of now they have haven’t heard anything beyond whats been reported on when it comes to the conference alliance/expansion. They aren’t that high up in the food chain but believe me I’ve been asking. They are good peeps who stay far away for message boards. 

Believe me or not, I don’t really care. I’m just relaying the information I was told last year.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.