May have figured out some people’s posting problems

Viewing 1 reply thread

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Correct me if I’m wrong, those of you who have troubles posting.  When you do a new post, you must write a title, select the forum/category AND write some content in the text field.  Those who were used to the way UFN worked may have been used to just writing a title and selecting a category.  You don’t have to write a title when replying to a post, because the post title is already set.

So when you hit submit there’s been a check I put into place to make sure people didn’t double post, becuase if you hit the back button or refreshed after posting, it would post the same post twice.  That error is picking up that the content of posts which only have titles and forums is empty.

The way UFN worked, in allowing someone to type in a title without any content is, shall we say, unorthodox.  Here the text content is required.  I can certainly change that, but at the moment a new post must have: title, forum category, content.

Let me know if this is the issue you’ve been having.  

I’m currently hacking out a way to inform the user that the text field is required, but since my internet from Vivint doesn’t work 98% of the day, it’s hard to get it done.

NavyUte
      Ute Fan
      @navyute

I can attest to this as a moron trying over and over.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Just what I thought!  Not that you’re a moron, but that people are trying to post without anything but a title and forum set.  

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Ute Hub Site How To Use Ute Hub May have figured out some people’s posting problems