MBB down 10 at the half to WSU

Viewing 6 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Sigh.  It’s going to be hard to be patient enough with Smith and give him a proper chance to succeed. I suspect he needs 2-3 years. No Carlson. Lahat looks soooo lost. 

UtesRule
      Ute Fan
      @utesrule

This team has had some bad luck with the injury / illness bug, too. Carlson out with an appendicitis.

juan know well
      Ute Fan
      @juanknowwell

So I didn’t really follow the team much last year, but have season tickets this year to try and support Coach Smith and get back into it.

They seem scrappy enough, but there is just something missing . . . Some spark. Maybe all the injuries have won them out.

One question for those that followed last year: How does Worster compare to Rylan Jones? Do we feel that was an upgrade?

juan know well
        Ute Fan
        @juanknowwell

We’ll these refs suck I can tell you that

Rick
        Ute Fan
        @utebiquitous

I don’t mean to pick a fight Juan but scrappy is not how I’d characterize this team. They do not play hard – or smart. Their inability to cover the pick-and-roll in the first half was the difference in this game. All it required was a little communication and hustle. Neither happened. What’s more, it wasn’t fixed at halftime – which becomes a coaching issue.

Missing Calrson tonight was big. They probably win with him but this is two games in a row at home where I saw little fight from these guys. I see some execution offensively in stretches.

I want to like Smith but this team is not getting better and there are enough pieces to at least show more fight and execution.

2 1

Carterdalby
      Ute Fan
      @carterdalby

The sad thing is most of the team is going to leave next season 🙄

juan know well
        Ute Fan
        @juanknowwell

They’re not rolling over at least. But they can’t make a free throw.

fosternano
        Ute Fan
        @fosternano

Yep, there’s no such thing as “next year”’ in basketball right now. Lately it’s been immediate success or the players leave.

JB
      Ute Fan
      @jb15

College basketball right now is unwatchable.  I have season tickets and for I second I want to look past the Utes.  The court needs to be widened some so the players can showcase their skills.  It’s too crowded and the game is difficult to watch.   

RustyShackleford
      Ute Fan
      @shakyute13

We lost 7 out of 8 of our best players including 5 key consistent contributors and only brought in 2-3 key players, no wonder we suck. Them sucking isn’t what concerns me it’s the lack of recruiting, we don’t have a single commit. Smith seems like a players coach so hopefully he can make some ground up in the transfer portal and maybe get a couple guys to commit to get the lid off.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Rebounding, defending, shooting. Lather, rinse, and repeat.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) MBB down 10 at the half to WSU