Viewing 3 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Thoughts?

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

Missouri, Ole Miss, Hawaii, Butler, Utah State, BYU, and Rice or UNLV . . . not so bad. 

The rest of those games are just bad.

Coreyc04
        Ute Fan
        @greenstormute

7 decent preseason games is kind of standard in basketball. Having balance is what it’s about

utefansince79
          Ute Fan
          @utefansince79

Of course it will look significantly stronger once the PAC12 contests are added?  Anyone happen to know which teams we’ll play just once?  Presumably the LA and Zona schools will all be home/away since we played those pairs just once the last 2 seasons.

Rick
            Ute Fan
            @rickyrules

It hasn’t been announced yet.  It usually comes out a few weeks after the non-conference games are in place.

HoosierinUt
      Ute Fan
      @hoosierinut

That’s another pathetic schedule. The home portion is a joke, just like last year. This is simply about padding stats, absolutely not about getting ready for Pac12 and NCAA tourney play. This schedule doesn’t do the players any favors at all. It isn’t getting them ready. Is winning against directional schools really good for their psyche? Are they fragile?????

Jesus….last years non-conf was ranked 250th “toughest” in the nation. I guess this will come in somewhere around 200? How can this possibly help the players get ready for Pac12 play?

I like Larry—-but this is 100% on him with his blessings. Part of the reason season ticket sales dropped a lot heading into 2017. Eventually the AD will care.

Anyone want to guess on the Non-conf record? I’m guessing 4-5 losses.

dwainegf
      Ute Fan
      @dwainegf

If the schedule is that pathetic, why would we lose any games? The problem with power 5 schools’ schedules in the preseason/conference is the expectation of playing mostly home games. I believe that the NCAA should mandate an equal number of home and road games for every team. That would help everyone as far as filling a non-conference schedule.

HoosierinUt
        Ute Fan
        @hoosierinut

6 home games, 5 away (ignoring the exhibition game).

It’s a pathetic schedule that isn’t set up to help the players. It helps a coaches record and nothing more. I have no problem with a few cupcake games, but this is two years in a row of the same crap.

My hangup is as a season ticket holder…..$5k for this kind of crap is pathetic (so I am venting). The product does not justify the costs. The huntsman center had a lot of empty attendance games last year and this simply continues that trend. Will be plenty of “buy one ticket get one free” games again this year. Watch for them to announce attendance at games…..it’s laughable when you are there and the arena isn’t 1/3 full, yet they magically announce 12,000 for the game (obviously not butts in the seat).

As for my prediction on losses…..obviously I don’t think utah is going to be a good team this year (I’m guessing 8 or 9 in Pac12 and very borderline if the get an NIT invite). So while a schedule like this might actually pose them a challenge……that’s a really sad state of affairs.

Of course, I’d love nothing more than to be ridiculously wrong.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) MBB Non Conference Schedule Announced