Media Coverage

Viewing 4 reply threads

rdall78
      Ute Fan
      @rdall78

Am I the only one who is sick of the local media coverage of the rivalry game?

It just seems that every time I am in my car, all they talk about was how bad BYU played against LSU and how they need to improve, and only mention Utah as the team they are playing.

Frustrating!

cbmute
      Ute Fan
      @cbmute

I think a big reason for what you are saying is there is really not much to go off yet for Utah. The won the first game and things at times looked good. But they only beat an FCS team. Byu has more games under their belt and they have looked really bad. Seems to me there are just more questions there and more talking points for byu right now. As the season goes on all the focus will turn to Utah because that is where the talking points will be. 

I’m not a believer that the local media has it out for Utah. They just are simply trying to talk about what brings interest because they need ratings to keep their jobs. In a few weeks the majority of the talk will be about Utah.

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

this media market is small time.

how embarrassing that the largest radio media station in this market brought on a high school football coach to bitch about his player going from first to second string

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I wouldn’t know since I don’t listen to them or view them on TV.

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

I like ESPN700 I don’t listen to the others unless theres an interview or something of particular interest.

pics
        Ute Fan
        @pics

ESPN 700 is fast becoming my least favorite sports outlet. Riley is full of himself and constantly talks over his guests. Gunther and Hackett sound like a couple of 12 year olds instead of media professionals . Particularly Gunther who ought to be on meds for ADHD. Their latest shtick is interjecting recorded comments over and over during their banter. Pretty lame. If they would stop all the nonsense, they could have a pretty decent show. It’s sad that the U has such a poor media presence.

ironman1315
          Ute Fan
          @ironman1315

OC and Hackett were so much better.

Grayshirt
          Ute Fan
          @grayshirt

Bill Riley is no Bill Marcroft.  Riley calls a decent game, but to me sounds unnatural like he’s manufacturing emotion.  He can play call any team anywhere and sound the same.  As for his radio show… Meh, I try to tune out narcissists.

COFfrom83
            Ute Fan
            @coffrom83

Marcroft’s an interesting case. My father, who passed away 11 years ago (just for reference on how long ago we’re talking) once told me when Marcroft started in the business he was the announcer for byu, and my dad couldn’t stand to listen to him because he was such a byu homer. Then Marcroft switched to the U and became a homer there. for some passion just comes naturally. my dad? he was an aggie.

perceptionate
          Ute Fan
          @perceptionate

Gunther is hilarious.

noneyadb
          Ute Fan
          @noneyadb

The new afternoon show director on 700 is AWFUL. Sounds like a flaming pubescent teenager…

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Media Coverage