Men's Golf wins at Bandon Dunes

Viewing 2 reply threads

Sweetness
      Ute Fan
      @sweetness

Golf team picked up a really solid win today at Bandon Dunes. Beat out a few pac12 schools (Oregon, Oregon St., and Washington state), along with a few other nationally ranked and solid programs. Probably best result they’ve had in the pac12 era. Should be in a good spot to go to regionals (i.e. 1st round of NCAA tournament), which to my knowledge the team has never done before. Still a few tournaments to go this spring, and they’ll have to at least play average, but should be in a good spot.

Link to results: http://results.golfstat.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=team&tid=17124

highlandute7
      Ute Fan
      @highlandute7

Very cool. I thought I saw somewhere that one of our players shot a course record there as well? Can someone confirm?

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Yes, a 64.  I played there last summer.

Sweetness
        Ute Fan
        @sweetness

Yeah, Jordan Costello set the course record there yesterday. Too bad he was only competing as an individual and his score didn’t count for the team…otherwise they would have would have lapped the field.

cicampbe
      Ute Fan
      @cicampbe

By pure coincidence, I was there golfing during the tournament. The weather was the best I’ve ever seen there. Such an amazing, beautiful spot.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Other Ute Sports Men's Golf wins at Bandon Dunes