Might be time to dump Dish. I hate the games these provides play

Viewing 2 reply threads

PorterRockwell
      Ute Fan
      @porterrockwell

They raised my monthly bill by twenty bucks, they try to justify it by claiming higher carriage fees while at the same time offering new customers very good deals.  Hey Dish Direct TV et al how about you treat your current existing customers as well if not better then new customers?! 

They agreed to reinstate the “promotional credit” if I would agree to a two year contract extension.   However I think google fiber is coming to my neighborhood sooner rather than later so not sure I want to be locked into two more years 

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

When we move this summer, we are going to try no tv. In the same note, Tony, how was sling? I might need it for football season. 

sweetgrass
        Ute Fan
        @sweetgrass

My opinion … Sling is okay for the price, but you can only stream on one device at a time. Positive is that you can google chrome cast it from Apple or android devices, and it does feature P12 network. I’m currently trying a one month free trial with direct tv now for 35 per month. You can stream on 2 devices. Can only use google chrome cast from android devices. It’s more expensive but you get more.

Dugway
          Ute Fan
          @dugway

I cancelled Sling when I realized it didn’t allow access to the videos on pac-12.com. It’s for live viewing only, no rebroadcasts, football in 60, etc.

Milton Vanderslice
            Ute Fan
            @miltonvanderslice

But on the plus side, you can look back a couple of days on the pac-12 channels.  That’s been a big bonus to me.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

I’ve used sling for live Ute games.  Got the package that gets fox, espn, and Pac-12.  Well worth the 25-30 bucks.  Now that the season is over I will cancel, as the Utes are the only TV I watch.

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

The big ones all suck and play games. Dish, Direct, Comcast. All of them.

PorterRockwell
        Ute Fan
        @porterrockwell

Yeah they do. They would keep customers if they provided a good product at s reasonable price

Tacoma Ute
          Ute Fan
          @tacomaute

I worked for one of them for 10 years. Their customer service SUCKED. Not just lack of training but incompetence. I brought home a 3416 DVR and called up to get a “hit” or “refresh” sent to it to activate it. Instead of just doing it she argued with me that there was no such thing as a 3416 and that a 3412 was the newest model. I told her we’ve had them for over a month and I unloaded the pallets of them off of the trucks, scanned them into the system, unboxed them, “burned them in”, tested them and I was staring at the ****ing thing right then. She just wanted to continue to argue. I told her that I don’t care what model she believes it is, just activate the damned thing so I can watch the game. She eventually did.

I have more anecdotes but I’m getting worked up so I’d better just shut up for a while.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc Might be time to dump Dish. I hate the games these provides play