Mitchell impresses me more an more.

Viewing 1 reply thread

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

He was at the NBA draft last night and gave Allen a hug and welcomed him to the team.  I don’t know if Allen was a good pick or not, but Mitchell being there to welcome his new teammate is impressive.  Who does that?

Mitchell is fully vested in the Jazz and making them a better team.  Mitchell was an unbelievable get for th Jazz.  He is amazing on and off the court.  I have not followed the Jazz much in recent years, but Mitchell is beginning to change that.

3 4

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

I’ve said this a thousand times: Mitchell’s dad is director of player relations for the New York Mets. 

Mitchell knows what he is doing. He is creating a brand for himself. His father knows what he is doing. 

The Jazz has better stay good because if not…

I’d bet the Mitchell’s would LOVE for Donovan to be the savior of the Knicks. He would be THE FACE of NBA basketball. 

Stone
        Ute Fan
        @stone

I agree that Mitchell is savy in that regard. Not sure if you are insinuating that his actions are a facade for branding purposes, but I think he is authentically a good person. I think he is real in his commitment to the team and love for the game. He acted the same at Louisville. The Jazz are lucky to have him because Mitchell would probably act the same way whereever he ended up getting drafted… he is simply a good kid. So, in that sense, I agree that the Jazz need to be proactive to keep him. And, I agree that his family would probably love to have him home playing for the Knicks, and it probably holds appeal for him, too.

1 3

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

I’m not saying that at all. I’m saying Mitchell will maximize his career, which is the smart thing to do.

All im saying is don’t expect Mitchell to give any discounts because he loves Utah.

He wants to win a title and make a ton of money. I’m sure he’d love to do that in Utah. But in three years, I’m sure he’d be happy taking his talents to NY and doing it there, making a lot more money along the way.

Mitchell is from NY. I’m sure he grew up dreaming of winning a title in NY.

My last comment: I’ve been a Jazz fan my whole life. I have freaking loved the Jazz. I’m not a big fan of the Millers at all. I don’t think they want to win a title, they want to make money. Their goal is to be a 5-7 team in the NBA, make money, and contend for a playoff spot.

My allegiance is starting to sway from the Jazz to Gobert and Mitchell. If those two leave the Jazz, my fandom might follow them.

Stone
            Ute Fan
            @stone

Agreed. I am glad the Jazz drafted him. He has single-handedly rekindled my love for the Jazz.

1 2

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Jazz will have him for pretty much the same amount of time as they had Hayward. You have to bring talent to Utah to get him to win now. They want to contend for a title and you are a fool if you don’t think Lindsey is doing that right now. He did it for the Spurs another small market team. Smaller than Utah in fact. 

Utah
              Ute Fan
              @utah

Good god man. Where did I say Lindsey isn’t trying to win? 

I never said that. I said the Millers weren’t in it to win a title. BIG difference. 

noneyadb
                Ute Fan
                @noneyadb

Depends on which “Miller” we’re talking about. Larry spent a lot on the AK, DWill, Boozer team butt didn’t pan out because AK was never healthy and Sloan wouldn’t change his ways to use Korver correctly. Greg Miller was a compete failure and glad Gail took over ownership. Believe the Sloan, DWill, Al Jefferson, Burke, Corbin debacle was Greg’s doing.

1 2

EagleMountainUte
                Ute Fan
                @battlegroundute

Who employs him?  Good hell man talk about trying to stretch the facts to fit your narrative of the Millers. 

Last time I respond to you ever again I am sick of your own biases getting in the way of reality. I get it, you hate the Millers because they fit the narrative of rich LDS white folk that you despise. 

1 1

Utah
              Ute Fan
              @utah

SA, They were a 50 win team, ranked for 1 year, drafted Duncan and after the Millers took Raul Lopez instead of Parker because they didn’t want to pay Parker (cheap), SA drafted Parker. Then got Ginoboli in the second round.

If that is your plan….then damn. But then again, it may be Lindsey’s plan.

I mean, look at the Gobert draft: Locke said we’d take Giannis and Gobert with our two picks. Instead we trade them for Burke. Whoops.

Luckily, Denver let us trade for Gobert.

Then, look at how we got Mitchell. Denver called US and said, “we like Lyles and we know you like Mitchell. What can we get done?”

He was extremely lucky twice and has f**ked up the rest of the time. So, hopefully he brought that SA luck over with him.

ironman1315
                Ute Fan
                @ironman1315

Luck is always part of the draft. What are Lindsey’s draft hits when compared to the rest of the league. That is the question you need to ask yourself.

1 2

Utah
                  Ute Fan
                  @utah

Absolutely. I think drafting Mitchell saved his job. Before the Mitchell pick, he was a pretty s**tty GM. 

BUT, Mitchell for him back to average. 

1 1

ironman1315
                    Ute Fan
                    @ironman1315

Dude. Just dude. Please show me how often the league hits out of the park hits with Rudy and Mitchell and then finds people like Ingles and gets people sees the potential of Rubio. Finds Joe Johnson. He is a fine GM. Probably in the top quartile of NBA GMs.

EagleMountainUte
                      Ute Fan
                      @battlegroundute

I never thought I could read so many asinine comments in a row with thumbs up. 

2 3

Utah
                      Ute Fan
                      @utah

You forgot to add Snyder into your argument. How about this: 

I think that Lindsey is extremely average if not a poor GM. I think that Snyder is a top 2 coach with Stevens in the NBA. 

Snyder turned Crowder, Millsap, Korver all into players that played well above what they should have played. He did the same with Hill, Favors, Ingles, O’Neal, Rubio and Hood. 

You can have Lindsey. I’ll take Snyder. And I’d bet that my teams would be better than yours 90% of the time. 

2 1

ironman1315
                        Ute Fan
                        @ironman1315

Who the Hell hired Snyder. Oh that’s right DL.

Utah
                        Ute Fan
                        @utah

Ha ha. Dude, I helped out your argument. lol. 

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Professional Sports NBA Mitchell impresses me more an more.