Monday!!!! Spring Camp

Viewing 3 reply threads

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Dirk Facer Dnews

They are somewhat different, not markedly different,” Whittingham said. “They’re both excellent throwers, and Jack Tuttle runs a lot better than people may give him credit for. He’s fast and he’s shifty.”

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

If Huntley continues to hog the ball and run with reckless abandon, Tuttle better be ready to go by week 5. 

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Utah is in a good position at QB IMO kind of shocked to say that. Depth is nice especially with Shelly and Tuttle. 

I also think a lot of that is on the coaches Taylor needs to rein him in. 

Ute Bc
        Ute Fan
        @utebc

The problem I see with that is that Huntley and Tuttle are two very different QB’s.  It is not good to change your QB and Offense mid-season.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

The biggest problem that I see for the Utah offense next year is not having Carrington and Singleton.  They accounted for a lot of Huntley’s early success IMO. I am not bad mouthing Huntley or anything but I think that will be hard for him to overcome in Fall.  Basically they need to find the number one target, I like our WR’s as well.  Interesting to see if Covey can knock off the rust. 

Anonymous
      Inactive

My theory: We are preparing our offense to be fully transitional, from Pro-Style to pure RPO, depending on situation or opponent. I think all three QBs will see time this year.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Explain your last sentence?  Just injuries racking up?

Anonymous
          Inactive

Possibly, more likely, situational specificity, and/or deception.

Also, all three QBs have dominant characteristics that complement and don’t align with each other. Tuttle can run but likes to throw. Huntley can throw but likes to run. I have to see more of Shelley for confirmation on him.

I think we’re going to see a completely fluid offense that can change styles as easily as socks.

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Ideally in my perfect world Tuttle doesn’t see the field. Redshirt all of the way. But I know that is becoming a thing of the past for the QB spot. 

Tuttle has to think the NFL may give him a shot but he has to prove it now. 

ladyinred
      Ute Fan
      @ladyinred

In other news, Kyle is hawt when he hasn’t shaved for a while.

Should we be worried about the WR position?

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Yes and no. Holiday is proving to be an excellent coach. I am confident in what they have Covey has good enough hands but is no Carrington. 

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Monday!!!! Spring Camp