Moss could break 3 records this week

Viewing 3 reply threads

Warrior Ute
      Ute Fan
      @warriorute

If Moss has another game similar to last week, 100+ yards and 2 TDs, he will break three records.  That would be pretty amazing to have happen all in the same game.

from ESPN:

Moss tied a Utah career record with his 14th 100-yard game, and he is 55 yards shy of breaking Eddie Johnson’s career rushing record of 3,219 yards set in 1984-88. Moss is two rushing touchdowns shy of breaking the Utes’ career record of 31 set by Del Rodgers from 1978 to 1981.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

It has been awesome watching his Ute career.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

I know ASU has a solid defense, but I think Moss is going to go crazy this week. Why? Because his entire family is flying in from Florida for the game. He’s said before that he *really* wants to break the rushing record in front of his mom. I don’t think he’s going to let ASU deny him that.

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

It’s a solid defense, but not a great one. This may be our toughest game yet, but honestly, I’m not super-impressed by them at all really. They have faced one stiff defense in Cal, and they won, but Cal’s offense is still anemic. They gave up 34 to Wazzu, and needed a comeback to win. My opinion of the Utes chances is pretty positive.

Anonymous
          Ute Fan
          @anonymous

More or less positive vs the USC game? 🙂

Utesbyfive
            Ute Fan
            @utesbyfive

Way more. I had a very bad feeling about USC on the road on a Friday night. I was right.

UteFanatic
          Ute Fan
          @utefanatic

I wasn’t impressed with ASU last year either. I honestly thought Utah was going to roll, and well, we all know how that game turmed out.

The problem with ASU is they typically have 2-3 really good athletes. This year it’s Daniels, Benjamin, and Aiyuk. Between those three, they are able to stay in every game until the end, and Herm has been pulling magic out of his ass during the last few minutes of every game.

Utesbyfive
            Ute Fan
            @utesbyfive

Well, we have some athletes too. I think we’ll have offensive success, and frankly, their atheletes don’t seem as good as some we’ve faced, except maybe Benjamin, but we have been stuffing the run pretty hard this year.

UteFanatic
              Ute Fan
              @utefanatic

Agree. This is a game Utah should win. Vegas says Utah wins by two TDs, FPI says we have an 84% chance of winning, SP+ says we have a 76% chance of winning…

The chance of winning the South either lives on or dies with this game.

It would be a massive disappointment if we lose.

Utesbyfive
                Ute Fan
                @utesbyfive

Thank the stars it’s at home.

gothamute
      Ute Fan
      @gothamute

He’s gonna break all 3 on Saturday

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

It’s been discussed at times that it would be great to have Eddie Johnson and/or Del “Popcorn” Rodgers there next weekend.

Fond memories of both players and will never forget Eddie along with Scott Mitchell winning the “Rice Bowl” back in the times when wins over a certain team were quite rare and special.

PlainsUte
          Ute Fan
          @plainsute

I recall Del Popcorn Rodgers was a pretty good kick returner as well. He also got a TDS win in 1978.

utefansince79
            Ute Fan
            @utefansince79

I essentially missed the game in 1978 as I was in high school and working that day (bagger at Harmons).  Some of the workers in the backroom were listening on the radio and giving those of us on the floor updates from time to time.  It was before the days of VCR and I believe it wasn’t even televised but Del was indeed on that team. 

I got to see his next few years while attending Utah and remember when he was later with the Packers and ran back a kickoff against the Bears.

The games in 78 and 88 stood out in an otherwise painful stretch for Utah against that team.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Moss could break 3 records this week