Moss, Oline, and Defense were stellar.

Viewing 3 reply threads

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

A lot of great first game stuff including game control and the best play in football, the victory formation. Great win. Class act by KW. Utes could of easily punched in the last TD. Interview with ZWs parents was a weird attempt by ESPN to appeal to the goony BYU fan base. The entire interview was so forced. Big elephant during the conversation was ZW was not recruited/offered by Utah (IIRC?). So glad that game is behind us as Ute fans.

At some point Utah’s offense will be forced to throw the ball to win games. Utah is not going to score defensive touch downs every game.  I get BYU played 3-3-5 to limit the throw game. Kalani did a good job shutting down the pass game. Some teams seem to have a good read on Huntley’s tendancies or weakness on check downs. Utes controlled the second half on the ground, Oline looked rock solid.

If Utah cannont establish a pass game against a slow-weak secondary this will be a problem against good teams able to slow the run and cover the Utah receivers. Ludwig will get this all figured out. I think the lack of talent at WR may catch up to the Utes at USC. The dropped passes contine. I counted two (one pass may have been partially tipped-still hit the WR in the hands). Being critical of course only because if the Utes are going to live up to the hype at some point the throw game needs to be productive.

Good to get through this game with a solid victory to tune things up over the next few weeks before USC. I hope there is no let down against NIU so Moss can have limited reps before conference play.

Go Utes!

Dante Guardi
      Ute Fan
      @danteg12

USC has a weak secondary. If our lack of receiving talent will catch up to us. it will be vs Wazzu.

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Yeah, the assumption was the Zach is such a great QB that pro scouts are already looking at him as they did Steve Young, Jim McMahon or whomever, and yet he ended up performing more like Jake Heaps.  4 freaking turnovers.  He passed for more Utah points than BYU points.  He may get better with experience, but lets not annoint him as a soph, ESPN.

voxnihili
        Ute Fan
        @voxnihili

I don’t remember what exactly the announcer said but I laughed when the announcer said something about 20 NFL scouts being there and keeping a close eye on him. Yeah, those scouts are there to grade the sophomore QB…

UM4G
        Ute Fan
        @um4g

Oh they were there to look at a Zack alright lol

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Luckily we have two weeks at home to get it right and build Huntleys confidence. Im not concerned.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Moss, Oline, and Defense were stellar.