Much harder to root against BYU with Sitake as BYU's Coach

Viewing 9 reply threads
      9 1

tarheelute
      Ute Fan
      @tarheelute

My last look backwards at the Utah’s win over BYU, ends with Coach Kalani Sitake being a great person, if not a great coach.

pic.twitter.com/2YEZ2a2Pgvpic.twitter.com/2YEZ2a2Pgvpic.twitter.com/2YEZ2a2Pgv

Coach Sitake congratulating Bernard after the game.

8 2

Italy88
      Ute Fan
      @itacoatiara22

Not for me.

AUtahManSir
      Ute Fan
      @autahmansir

I find it easy to like Sitake AND cheer against BYU.  Sitake is classy and would come back to Utah in a heartbeat under the right circumstance. Lots of BYU fans are awful and it is easy to cheer against them.  

3 3

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Ummmm not really. Especially with how out of control his players were this off-season. Always and forever f**k em.

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

I just don’t get excited about the byu-provo game anymore. I just hope we avoid an embarrassing upset when we play them.

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

When I was young I hated BYU. The school the players the coaches and the fans. Today it’s just the fans. 

As I’ve gotten older perspectives change. The Coaches are just doing a job. The players are just kids playing football to get an education. The school is what it is church owned private archaic with some of its philosophies. Whatever. 

It’s that segment of BYU fans I hate. You which ones I’m talking about. The self righteous, the arrogant, the racist, the holier that thou, the hypocritical, the conceded. The ZOOBS 

I cheer against BYU because this type of person deserves crappy football in their lives. They’ve earned it. 

The Coaches, the players, the few decent BYU fans are all just collateral damage. 

1 5

Craig
        Ute Fan
        @utereprobate

You’re so absolutely right.

It is the fans. Arrogant class snobs who accept things like “trickle down economics” yet call themselves “followers of Jesus”.  Holier than thou racists, misogynisits, and homophobes who think they are better because they have values???

In fact many of their “values” are 180 degrees from mine and it boggles my mind that they wonder why so many people dislike them.  Even the most tolerant among us bristle at those who call themselves “better” and even more so when they embrace intolerant, and un-Christian attitudes.

With other schools the smack is just smack and it’s all just a game, but with them it’s personal.

4 4

PhiladelphiaUte
        Ute Fan
        @philadelphiaute

It’s perfectly reasonable to hate on ybU “the institution” as well.  With their tireless and unapologetic assaults on “free speech” and “academic freedom”, they have no business being accredited.  And it’s those very reasons why zoobs are what they are.  They can neither “learn” nor “reason” when their “education” is so whitewashed and filtered, and the results are their alumni grow encouraged, indoctrinated, and emboldened to silence “real facts”, and allow only “feel-good, faith-promoting fantasies”.  And that’s the antithesis of “education”.

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Sitake and BY-Poopoo look best in the rearview mirror which is where they are now.  GO UTES, beat NIU!!

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

Last I checked, they’re all in the process of convincing themselves that they outplayed Utah, that the refs lost the game for them, that they’d win if it were played at the end of the season, that Utah’s not really that good…you know, all the usual stuff we see year after year.

So while I like Sitake and think he’s a good dude, I have zero issues rooting against the Zoobs.

dwainegf
      Ute Fan
      @dwainegf

Before I moved to Utah I was a BYU fan. Even though I am not a Mormon. That was because I like to watch offensive minded teams. My perspective changed within 6 months of living here. Not because of the religion (I lived in a predominantly Mormon area throughout my teens.) but because of what AzUte points out. Some of their fans are insufferable. This is not a small percentage. Their inability to look in the mirror and see flaws and total lack of humility boggle my mind. I too root against them every game.
      Go Utes!!!!!!

4 1

whitlessham
        Ute Fan
        @whitelssham

“I was a BYU Fan.  Even though I am not a mormon”.  You literally must be one of the three in the world who would fall into this catagory.  

Thlete
      Ute Fan
      @thlete

I have enough good friends that I don’t like to see sad that it overpowers the desire to see the zoob in my office to suffer. I sat with my 3 kids in the middle of a sea of blue on Thursday and we were treated fine. There were some slightly obnoxious cheers from the younger boys behind us that got my oldest daughter to want to do some revenge cheers back, but I told her we rise above that. I taught my kids to win with grace and we just cheered for our Utes and got respect in return. We ended up making friends with the boys behind us. As the rain fell, my daughter thought to use her blanket to protect herself and also shield the 2 BYU fans in front of her.

In the end, 2 things really helped make the rivalry experience fun for me:
      – had my kids with me to keep perspective of what’s important
      – Utes kicked their ass so it’s easier to be pleasant

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Much harder to root against BYU with Sitake as BYU's Coach