My dream start to the Rose Bowl

Viewing 3 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I like to be aggressive on offense to start games (like Alabama in 2009).  I hope we get the ball first.  Here are some plays I would like to see to start the game.

1. Have Johnson and Rising in the game.  Cam lines up at QB but motions out to the left.  Johnson shifts into the QB position, takes the snap, and runs to the right (hopefully gains 10+ yards).

2. Running play to Jackson.

3. Pass play from Rising to Yassmin.

4. Start the play the same as the first play.  When Johnson runs to the right, he passes downfield to an open Money Parks for a TD.

This mixes things up and catches Penn State off guard.  It won’t happen but I really want to see Johnson in the game as much as possible.

Go Utes!!!

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

We haven’t been a quick starting team soooo… I do recall being up 14-0 in last year’s Rose Bowl. 🙂 

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

You are right about this year.  We have been a bad 1st quarter team and a great 2nd and 3rd quarter team.  We only average 7.5 points in the 1st quarter.  We average 14.1 points in the second quarter.  So yes, we have started slowly this season.

cj13
      Ute Fan
      @cjohnsen13

My dream start would be 1st quarter of the 2015 Las Vegas Bowl

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

Yeah, I like that.  Tough to beat it.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

And NOT the rest of the game LOL. 

Extra Medium
        Ute Fan
        @runningreddude

The first quarter of the Vegas bowl was one of the greatest quarters in the history of college football!

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

I’d like to see Utah score touch downs 5 times outside the 15 yard line so we don’t have any down and goal inside the 5 yard line. That’s our worst place to be on the field. 

SOWhat
        Ute Fan
        @sowhat

Does the USC game at home ring a bell, when it really counted Rising got it done. Go UTES!!

noneyadb
          Ute Fan
          @noneyadb

Penn St has a much better defense than U$C. I wouldn’t expect the same outcome.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football My dream start to the Rose Bowl