My hopes for this weekend

Viewing 1 reply thread

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

1. A Penn State loss in Minneapolis. The Gophers will take an L in one or more of the remaining weeks.
      2. A Baylor loss in Ft. Worth.

AlohaUte
      Ute Fan
      @alohaute

and I think I want a Bama loss to LSU.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

That’s going to be a fun one to watch.

UteBacker
          Ute Fan
          @utebacker

Wouldn’t it be nice to be Bama or LSU?  The loser of that game will most likely win out and still make the playoffs. They’re simply playing for seeding.

salty-ute
            Ute Fan
            @salty-ute

I think that a 1 loss SEC non-champion typically wouldn’t make it over another 1 loss P5 champ. But then again, you have the whole ‘quality loss’ BS. Also, Alabama has a greater chance of losing again – as opposed to LSU – because their remaining schedule is tougher. If LSU/Bama wins out and goes to the playoff, I’m doubtful the committee would want a semifinal rematch of that game by putting the lower seed @ #4.

utefansince79
            Ute Fan
            @utefansince79

Indeed Bama/LSU loser likely stays in top 4 (and doesn’t have risk of a loss in the SEC-title game knocking them down) and winner of that division could lose the SEC title game and not drop that far.

AlohaUte
              Ute Fan
              @alohaute

I think it depends on the loss. if it’s a 1-point game then I agree with you.  If it’s a blow out then I think they drop, especially Bama as they have a worse schedule thus far than Utah.

PhiladelphiaUte
        Ute Fan
        @philadelphiaute

I think it might be better for Utah if LSU lost that game, because ‘Bama still has to play at Auburn, and a ‘Bama loss @ Auburn is more likely than an LSU loss to Tx A&M in Death Valley.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football My hopes for this weekend