My prediction for our running backs this fall

Viewing 4 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

This is just an opinion of one old guy based on what I have seen and heard.  

The main RB will be Tavion

Glover will get a lot of carries (I believe he is our future)

Bernard will be our third-down back.  He is the best receiver and pass blocker.

That leaves Curry and Parks.  It was posted that Curry is having a very good spring.  What will his role be?  Parks was a 4-star recruit in 2021.  He redshirted last season, which made sense because of all the RBs we had.  Glover seems to be getting the press, but maybe Parks is the guy.  I honestly don’t know.

There is not enough carries for five guys.  Maybe Glover redshirts (I hope not).

Unfortunately, I see a distinct possibility of one or more guys entering the portal after spring-ball.  Tavion and Curry are not going anywhere and I think Glover is a solid Ute.  I assume there is a possibility of some players switching positions.

concerned
      Ute Fan
      @concerned

You are right: Glover is the future. He is going to get a lot of carries.

1 4

Dallas
      Ute Fan
      @dallas

I predict Glover will be RB1 (or at least start a number of games) before season is over.
      Parks and/or Curry will seek playing time elsewhere.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

My prediction:

https://media0.giphy.com/media/1qfDU4MJv9xoGtRKvh/giphy.gif?cid=790b76118d1075ce8f7394dfd751144d289232f52cba9a12&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Yergensen
      Ute Fan
      @yergensen

I predict we redshirt Glover.  There’s no need to hurry the process.  As has been posted multiple times now, we have several proven and talented backs we can run this year, including all conference RB1 as well as arguably our RB2 from last year.

You can make the Ty Jordan argument for Glover, but circumstances were different.

Ty played in a shortened, experimental year with less experienced and talented backs in front of him (Wilmore, Brumfeld) than what Glover is competing with.  Ty also looked to be a transcendent talent (small sample of games).

1 1

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

I also think Glover will redshirt, unless something happens to TT. Again, no need to rush things. He can still play in 3 games and redshirt. Unless he absolutely takes over in those three games, I just don’t see why you’d play him when you can keep him in reserve for another 3 years.

Yergensen
          Ute Fan
          @yergensen

Don’t you put that evil on me Ricky Bobby

Onlyu
            Ute Fan
            @uf8fl

Interesting thoughts about a redshirt for JG but I disagree. I think Glover is the 2 and at worst the 3. He catches it as well as anyone in the backfield which makes him very dangerous.

TT is the lead back and deservedly so provided he keeps his s**t together (which I’m confident he will). Micah is very versatile and will get touches throughout each game and is all in as a Ute. Curry is the X factor. He’s gotten plenty of opportunities this Spring to show what he’s about. He’s the one who could be at risk (my opinion only) if Glover edges him out at the 2. It’s a battle for sure.

I just think the most explosive back in the room is Glover. TT and Curry are powerful but Glover is explosive and has plenty of power. I’d like to see Ricky mature mentally and play behind his pads a bit more but he’s still a RS Frosh so he has time to do that.

Glover is real…similar to Bishop and Barton. Zero reason to keep him off the field when his physical talent is equal to or better than anyone he’s competing with.

Finally, the one that puts it on the ground is the one that gets past over in this program

Utesbyfive
              Ute Fan
              @utesbyfive

Okay, this is definitely the first “authoritative” info I’ve heard about Glover being ready to go as RB2 this season. That’s pretty cool. Thanks.

Ute Dub
              Ute Fan
              @chestercopperpot

Who is the fullback?

BigUteGuy
              Ute Fan
              @biguteguy

Love it. Can you elaborate on TT keeping his ish together?

concerned
                Ute Fan
                @concerned

McDonald didnt make TT follow the rules. Ganther does. TT has to make sure he responds.

UteThunder
                  Ute Fan
                  @utethunder

This is interesting. Care to elaborate?

Rick
          Ute Fan
          @rickyrules

If history is anything we have not redshirted talented RBs ever.  If I were a promising RB and my team wanted to redshirt me I would bolt to the portal.  RBs do not have a long life in football at any level and taking a year off is just not good for their future in the sport.  

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

I can’t see why they would redshirt Glover if the reporting on him is true. If he’s the heir apparent to Thomas they need to get him reps this year. If he’s as good as advertised, he can help you win games this year, and redshirting him would be detrimental to an already good team. You play your best players and don’t risk them hitting the portal for lack of playing time.

Onlyu
          Ute Fan
          @uf8fl

No elaboration from me…Nothing major just a little adjustment.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football My prediction for our running backs this fall